PDA

View Full Version : 81.85 and World of Warcraft settings in SLI. Advice needed!

seanmcgpa
10-24-05, 07:48 PM
I have a dual 7800 GTX SLI system, and with 81.85 it looks like Vsync is still not working - I am getting screen tearing and general poor picture quality despite having everything maxed. My frame rate is 60fps+ in 1900x1200x60 on my Dell 2450FPW flat screen ... great fps, terrible PQ.

One of the earlier 80x drivers looked better, but I would get screen corruption in other games.

Can anyone tell me what setting you use (SLI Antialiasing?) to get the most out of these 81.85 drivers with World of Warcraft in SLI?

Thanks,

Sean

Vagrant Zero
10-24-05, 09:17 PM
I've heard that WoW gets almost no noticable boost from SLI [hardocp reviews]. Maybe you should disable SLI and play WoW with 1 GTX? I mean my 6800GT has no problems running that game at almost absolute max settings, so what's the deal?

Ice Nine
10-24-05, 10:21 PM
There's a huge boost with SLI in WoW if you game at 1920x1200 like I do.

But, as pointed out, vsync still doesn't work. Also, you cannot set any of the more "advanced" settings without killing your ability to alt-tab out of the game. For instance, if you set 8x or higher FSAA, alt-tabbing back into WoW causes horrible flashing while under SLI until you quit out of the game and go back in.

If you can live without vsync, make sure you configure everything for "application controlled". If you can't, live with the crappier framerates and turn off SLI.

roper512
10-25-05, 03:21 PM
I have the same setup as you sean and I also play at everything maxed with 16x anisotropic filtering (forced in forceware panel) (I however do NOT use antialiasing if that makes a difference).. at 1920x1200 (2405fpw here as well) I do not get 60fps stable everywhere.. In certain locations like heavy forested areas with many people it definately dips into the mid to upper 40's.. Rarely will framerate ever go below that.. I have absolutely everything maxed in the game (including the highest supersampling) I also have vsync enabled in game with TRIPLE BUFFERING also selected.. I do not use any special profiles in the forceware panel just the default. I also have the graphics slider to high quality

The game looks awesome, I do not have poor image quality but I do notice tearing when the fps is capable of exceeding 60fps.. Whats interesting is I use a mod called "Titan Panel" and one of the options in titan panel is to show performance.. I cannot vouch for how accurate this FPS meter is, however when the FPS goes to 60 where it should stop, for some reason it will cap at 64.. I'm guessing this is an SLI issue as it never happeend w/ a single card for me..

I have a dual 7800 GTX SLI system, and with 81.85 it looks like Vsync is still not working - I am getting screen tearing and general poor picture quality despite having everything maxed. My frame rate is 60fps+ in 1900x1200x60 on my Dell 2450FPW flat screen ... great fps, terrible PQ.

One of the earlier 80x drivers looked better, but I would get screen corruption in other games.

Can anyone tell me what setting you use (SLI Antialiasing?) to get the most out of these 81.85 drivers with World of Warcraft in SLI?

Thanks,

Sean

combat_wombat
10-26-05, 12:26 AM
these drivers mess up some of the effects in WoW. If you play Alliance side, fly from southshore to menethil harbor or vice versa. When I was using these drivers the water surface over the "Great Sea" had a pulsing dull black flash. I only noticed it on that one area. It did it over the entire surface of the Great Sea. Bad drivers IMO