PDA

View Full Version : Tetranode boss in Q4

m0uth
10-25-05, 03:48 PM
How do you kill that arachno like boss in that tetranode level I can't find any ways. thans in advance.

Ninjaman09
10-25-05, 03:53 PM
You're supposed to lose. It's a scripted event that advances the story.

m0uth
10-25-05, 04:08 PM
If I lose, the menu pops up. Pehaps I have to deal some damage to him before the scripted event shows up?
We are thinking about the same boss right? The one that crashes the doors and shoots triple lasers which bounce off the walls and throws shiload of grenades.

evilghost
10-25-05, 04:19 PM
Had a similar issue. Hide in corner and avoid his shots. Hit 'em with some nails or such. I think you basically have to stay alive for a pre-determined amount of time for the script to advance. First time I had the issue you did, changed my strategy, and it worked fine.

Gnu_Raiz
10-26-05, 10:53 AM
;) Yeah you can hide in the corner or by the door, I hid close to the door but behind a cooling tube. When he through nads, they bounced off the cooling tube, his lazers would not work as they would bounce off the door or hit the tube. In that position I could of used my pistol to snipe and not worry about getting hit. Also if you wait for him to moan, you can get a few good hits in, other than that just hide and shoot.

Gnu_Raiz

AgentOtaku
10-26-05, 10:59 AM
I thought he was called the Makron

anyways, yeah you had to deal a certain amount of damage to him for the script to start......at least thats what I had to do

nVidi0t
10-26-05, 11:16 AM
Yep, it's the Makron. You have to pummel him a bit before the next sequence begins. I found just strafing around the columns and pummeling him with rockets worked best.

ynnek
10-27-05, 03:41 PM
grenade launcher works really well against big slow moving ground bosses. try to surprise it from side to side.. may occasionally need to sprint for another area for cover.

jAkUp
10-27-05, 05:18 PM
Yea the nade launcher works good, only problem is if it bounces off something and comes straight back at your face... ouch...

$n][pErMan
10-27-05, 05:50 PM
Heh .. worked perfect for me the first time and I had no idea what I was doing beside trying to kill him by throwing everything I had at him ... lol.

ynnek
10-27-05, 07:11 PM
are you kidding me? I thought in Q4 they needed to make the grenade launcher lobb out the grenades even harder! so they go farther and bounce faster and harder!

Yea the nade launcher works good, only problem is if it bounces off something and comes straight back at your face... ouch...

m0uth
10-30-05, 09:52 AM
yea, i managed to get thru him 5 minutes after i posted this :)
thanx for all your replies. Now I'm having problems with some other boss. the one that charges his shields and summons enemies. man he pisses me off. I should have played Q4 on normal difficulty skill.. *sigh*

Rakeesh
10-30-05, 10:04 AM
With that one I just blasted him until he fully charged and spawned enemies twice. This way you have the whole room open, and he can't back you into a corner as you have a nice circle to move around in.

Then I would just run as far away from him as possible that way he only used the dark matter gun (rockets are dodgable but it gets ugly when he backs you in a corner) which is easy to dodge at long range. Then everytime he opens up his glass canopy, just fire a shot at his head with the railgun. Should take like 15 direct hits at most to kill him.

BTW, I am playing on the General (hardest) difficulty.

The Makron was hard as hell to kill, and would generally kill me in one or two hits. What I had to do was blast him with 8 grenades (direct hit, e.g. explode on impact) and since I was up close he didn't fire the three fireballs but fired the 5 grenades, which were easy to dodge. Then I had to hide behind one of the bulkheads that was just to the left of him, and alternate between the left and right sides of the bulkhead, dropping grenades at his feet one at a time. Took about 24 grenades total (maybe more) before he finally used the laser beam thingie on me.

Slybri
10-30-05, 05:15 PM
I just kinda strafed him and rolled the nades into him. Took about 8 or 10 of em. Then the horrorshow begins.

NightFire
10-30-05, 05:31 PM
My advice for beating any FPS boss: shoot them. With big guns. :p

Rakeesh
10-30-05, 05:51 PM
I just kinda strafed him and rolled the nades into him. Took about 8 or 10 of em. Then the horrorshow begins.

I don't know about the easier difficulties, but on general mode you definitely can't do that, and it definitely takes a lot more than 10 grenades.

m0uth
10-31-05, 10:49 AM
yea, me and alphawolf are hardcore l33tz :P :)
I managed to take him down. My problem was, I didn't recharge my health and armor to full before fighting him.