PDA

View Full Version : AMD Passes 20% Market Share

jAkUp
10-25-05, 04:23 PM
http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20051025PR210.html

msxyz
10-25-05, 04:26 PM
Considering the quality of its products, it's a shame to hear it obtained only the 20% of marketshare.

Fotis
10-25-05, 05:20 PM
Go AMD!!:super:

OWA
10-25-05, 05:21 PM
I wonder what the breakdown would be in terms of home versus business. They probably get killed on the business side of things.

superklye
10-25-05, 06:43 PM
Yeah, Intel's got the business side by the balls...it sucks. Keep on going, AMD!

jAkUp
10-25-05, 07:02 PM
Yea.. I bet you that home systems, paints a much different picture.

Not to mention enthusiasts. AMD pretty much dominates that market now.

Abba Zabba
10-25-05, 07:05 PM
Funny how every single one of us here has an AMD processor in his rig(s):D

Dazz
10-25-05, 07:17 PM
Yeah business share will be poor home use should be quite high and from whats going on server use has vastly increased for AMD due their dual core Opterons.

slick
10-25-05, 07:24 PM
AMD is starting to eek it's way into the business side of things. I am seeing more and more brandname PC's with AMD CPU's. Go AMD!

Blacklash
10-25-05, 11:25 PM
As long as AMD keeps doing what they are doing, I am AMD for life.

superklye
10-25-05, 11:43 PM
I agree with enthusiast home users, but most people I know have a pre-built computer, about 70% from Dell, the rest Compaq, and whatever the other brands are. Those use Intel almost exclusively.

It's not fair. :(

saturnotaku
10-25-05, 11:46 PM
If I were in the computer retail industry, I'd be telling all my customers to buy A64-based systems. HP just came out with an X2 machine so customers who might need HT/dual core systems can just use AMD.

keith33
10-25-05, 11:53 PM
I just built an X2 3800+ system for my dad for 70% of the cost of a 2.8 pentium D that he was going to get. AMD owns when it comes to value. But if they really want to rape the enthusiast market, unlocked multipliers through the entire line, that would be HOT.

Salamandar
10-26-05, 12:10 AM
I'll get an AMD processor and a new Mobo at the end of this year.
Switching to the light side.

ricercar
10-26-05, 12:19 AM
All my desktops since the 486DX4-100 are AMD. Never bought an Intel CPU that wasn't in a ThinkPad.

sytaylor
10-26-05, 03:05 AM
It's the OEM's that Intel have locked up that are stopping them from going further. Hence the whole anti-trust thing I guess. My hope is intel has to relax is grip by hook or by crook. AMD deserve to threaten Intel after so many years of competition without reward.

Greg
10-26-05, 05:40 AM
Yes, I wonder if AMDs recent sales successes are related to Intel putting on a fair trading face, now that the spot light is on.

$n][pErMan
10-26-05, 09:39 AM
AMD F*ckin rocks!!!! :D :D

Mr_LoL
10-26-05, 10:09 AM
[pErMan']AMD F*ckin rocks!!!! :D :D

Agreed. Amd should send Dell and HP loads of attractive women for favours all for free. Who knows it may work :D

ENU291
10-26-05, 10:10 AM
The truth of the matter is that Intel currently has nothing on the market that can compete with AMD. From the budget minded to the business server enviornment AMD simply has the better product. Intel is also losing customers by the simple fact that going dual core required a new motherboard. Once companies like Dell realize that AMD can offer their customers a better price/performance ratio AMDs market share should greatly increase.

Mr_LoL
10-26-05, 10:14 AM
I always laught when I see those dell gaming pc's with Intel processors. i mean who in their right mind would buy one.

Reaper106
10-26-05, 11:42 AM
Yeah, Intel's got the business side by the balls...it sucks. Keep on going, AMD!

Intel does have a big share, but IMHO not so much as some may think.
At the OEM I used to work for I worked in the server dept for the last 2 years before I moved and had to leave that job. Yes we did build alot of xeon servers, that being said, I built alot of AMD based servers as well. I will even name a few for you guys, I built alot of the UT 2k3 2k4 servers for Epic Games. Master Browser servers, Stat servers, they are all AMD. that is just one example. If you look at the stats with the likes of "Dell" and so on then yes they are all about Intel. But there are alot of companies like Epic that know what they want and buy AMD. Intel is a good server platform stability wise, So is AMD now and they are faster. People will make the switch sooner or later, unless Intel pulls it's collective head out. :rolleyes:

GO AMD!!! :D