PDA

View Full Version : New Q4 multiplayer bug. Read to save yourself some grief.

acrh2
10-25-05, 04:47 PM
I found a new bug in quake4.
It basically lags your gameplay without any seeming reason. For example, you can have 15ms ping and a constant 63fps, but you would still be experiencing a slideshow. So far, I've only experienced it only in TDM games.
Upon opening the console I discovered a shload of warning lines that read something to the effect of "loading non-precached sound file dir/dir/dir/name.ogg", where name would refer to a weapon sound.
These lines would repeat for the same file many many times. I suppose, for every bullet fired.
As I found out the hardway, the only way to remedy this situation is to exit out of quake4 completely and then reconnect to the same server. The bug would be gone.

MrSavoy
10-25-05, 06:44 PM
Whenever I look in the console during MP game play I always notice those errors, I talked to a few friends who also see the same thing. I was wondering why it was doing that. Hmm this is interesting. I wonder if anyone else here notices this?

therapture
10-30-05, 03:06 PM
I get that same error in single player...makes for a very irritating hitch and jerk when you open a door into a new area, or a new sound occurs, which is alot of the time....

WTF...can't find a fix for it....there has got to be a way to force the caching of those files....

ynnek
11-01-05, 05:47 PM
haven't had any problems in multiplayer...

well except for the fps drops down really low in hectic firefights.