PDA

View Full Version : OverClocking?

snipcod
10-25-05, 06:48 PM
I have a Evga Nvidia 6800 gt video card. I was just wondering how I over clock it. I dont see any thing to do it. Is there a driver or program I need to down load first. Thanks

mx125race
10-25-05, 06:53 PM
what i used was NVTweak. There's also Coolbits and RivaTuner 2.0 which u can find a link for by searching on google or yahoo. There's a link to NVTweak on this website's home page near the bottom right i think, maybe left. Once you have that installed, enable all the options. When you go in to the nVidia desktop manager, click on Nvidia Display and you should notice a lot more options. From one of those, Clock Frequency Settings, you can control your fans by selecting to have it always on or just when theres an amount of heat, and you can also overclock your GPU memory and core clock. I recommend having the fan on. Also, overclock in small amounts/increments. I have only overclock a couple times, and so far my expirience with NvTweak is great. Adds a lot of options to the nView Dekstop Manager. I set my clock to Performance (3d) versus Standard (2d).

Good luck!
:)

$n][pErMan
10-25-05, 09:40 PM
Gainwards Expertool should work on your card even though its eVGA. Great program for OC'ing :)

snipcod
10-25-05, 10:15 PM
Hey thanks for the help. I got NVtweak and im trying to OC it. Im just having a little troble. Most the settings my game FEAR locks up. And when I get a setting that does not crash the graphics are messed up a bit. Not sure how to explan it but I get blue lines, and just other stuff that makes it look a bit messy. Is there any good set up out there that I can use. Or is it more what works on your PC might not work on mine to well

NightFire
10-25-05, 10:19 PM
As a rule, you should OC in increments of 5% until you start getting graphical errors, and downclock from there until the errors dissapear. That represents your highest OC possible. Another option would be better cooling if you want to push up the clocks even more. From what you're describing, it seems like you've pushed the clocks too high.

snipcod
10-26-05, 12:22 AM
As a rule, you should OC in increments of 5% until you start getting graphical errors, and downclock from there until the errors dissapear. That represents your highest OC possible. Another option would be better cooling if you want to push up the clocks even more. From what you're describing, it seems like you've pushed the clocks too high.

I dont think I have it to high. From what ive read people run at 410 to 450mhz. Mines at 391mhz at 1.09ghz and runs fine. But when I go up any more from there I get wird things in the graphics or locks up. Also if I try 416 with 1.16 when it runs its test it tells me theres not enuff power to run at that frequncy or some thing like that. Am I missing some thing here.

chipjumper
10-26-05, 12:40 AM
What driver should I install? I just installed a fresh copy of XP and I am afraid to put in a *****ty driver. My brother tells me to put in the 77.77 and others tell me I can use the latest. I intend on using coolbits.