PDA

View Full Version : FEAR DVD directors commentary

Lazaredz
10-25-05, 07:21 PM
Is there a way to watch the directors commentary on the DVD that allows you to fast foward/pause/skip to different sections of the video? I started watching it and then had to head out and could not find a way to pause it. Then when I came back I had to start at the begining again.

Thx for any advice

myshkinbob
10-25-05, 07:46 PM
So far as i know, there's no fast-forward available in binks. You can download rad video tools and convert to avi though.

http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

Lazaredz
10-25-05, 08:38 PM
Thanks. Working on it now. Should take about 1 hour to convert, but in the meantime I'll surf and read.

nutcrackr
10-25-05, 10:18 PM
It's pretty poor that you can't skip, the bink is over 1gb and I watched a good 25 minutes. The directors commentary didn't seem very interesting though a lot of repeated stuff and useless information. I'd like to view it but not all at once and I don't really want to convert the file :/

Lazaredz
10-25-05, 10:57 PM
Okay, tried twice and the conversion fails. Its odd because if I do just a few minutes it seems to work (via a cancel conversion). But the whole thing takes over an hour to convert and the file size is > 4GB (might be part of the problem)

Any other suggestions?

myshkinbob
10-26-05, 06:58 AM
When you convert you could try using a compression codec, eg. xvid. converting to uncompressed frames will give you a 98GB file.

(http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/)

and set the bitrate to about 1500-2000, should result in a 1gb or less file.

BioHazZarD
10-26-05, 08:42 AM
I was kinda dissapointed in the commentary it was boring as hell they should show the highlights of the game and comment not the damn start of the game where bareley nothing happend.

agentkay
10-26-05, 09:47 AM
(IMHO) The best directors commentary so far is the one in Chronicles of Riddick. I like the idea of playing the game a second time and have commentary symbols in the game at key places that tell you interesting stuff about the scene or details about the production at that particular scene.

AgentOtaku
10-26-05, 10:57 AM
I'm just glad commentaries are starting to appear in titles at all.....
currently playin through Riddick again to get access to the commentary. Will be picking up FEAR very soon and can't wait to check out that one too...