PDA

View Full Version : Abit KT7A-RAID Fan Header Question

Nemesis
01-03-03, 05:40 AM
This is pretty specific, but does anyone know the maximum current the fan headers on the KT7A-RAID can supply? I ask this because I've just ordered two Thermaltake Smart Fan 2 80mm fans. These have either a manually adjustable fan speed, or are thermally controlled. Flat out they draw 0.7 amps. I'd like to set them to thermally controlled, but don't want to blow my mobo if the fan goes up to flat out - 75cfm/4800rpm. The fans are 3 pin, and I'd like to use one for the CPU, hence the need to use the 3 pin header to allow the BIOS's fan failure safety feature.

Switch
01-03-03, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Nemesis
This is pretty specific, but does anyone know the maximum current the fan headers on the KT7A-RAID can supply? I ask this because I've just ordered two Thermaltake Smart Fan 2 80mm fans. These have either a manually adjustable fan speed, or are thermally controlled. Flat out they draw 0.7 amps. I'd like to set them to thermally controlled, but don't want to blow my mobo if the fan goes up to flat out - 75cfm/4800rpm. The fans are 3 pin, and I'd like to use one for the CPU, hence the need to use the 3 pin header to allow the BIOS's fan failure safety feature.

Taken from Abit many many months ago:

What is the wattage out put of the fan headers on the KT7/KT7-RAID . I would like to use a Global Win FOP- 38 Heat combo.this uses the Delta high speed (7000RPM)fan and draws 3.5 to 4 watts of power.
The fan headers on KT7/KT7-RAID can sustain 0.5A current (6 Watts )thus FOP32,FOP38 are oaky . Fan headers on the other ABIT's motherboards only sustain 0.3A current(3.6 Watts).

Edit: KT7A is no different.