PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

karkrash81
10-26-05, 08:23 AM
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Heard this is coming out for the Xbox this week. It's been delayed for a couple of years. It has always caught my attention, and because I no longer have an Xbox, I have to wait til February for the PC release.

It's gotten two reviews so far, both were 8/10. One review said it was brutally scary (i'm paraphrasing).

If any of you guys get it, I'd be curious to see what you think of it.

|MaguS|
10-26-05, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I heard the game was very scary. Im gonna hold off for the PC version next year if I can. If I find it cheap for the xbox I will grab it but not for full price.

karkrash81
10-26-05, 09:32 AM
I love scary games, and I've read some of Lovecraft's stories so I have high hopes for this.

I'm afraid that the xbox one will sell poorly and they'll cancel the PC one...that would suck.

Ninjaman09
10-26-05, 11:00 AM
The name of this game just aggravates me. It's a Metallica song from Ride the Lightning. Just bugs me for some reason. :D

Vagrant Zero
10-26-05, 05:52 PM
The name of this game just aggravates me. It's a Metallica song from Ride the Lightning. Just bugs me for some reason. :D

The metallica song was named after a Lovecraft novel.

karkrash81
10-26-05, 10:16 PM
After reading one review of this game it looks like it follows Lovecraft's "Shadows over Innsmouth" pretty well, which is a good thing. I hope they get the running for your life aspect done well. That would make it even more frightening.

Veger
10-26-05, 11:01 PM
I have been playing this game for the last 5 hours it is one of the most impressive games I have ever played!!!! The quality of this title is fantastic a must by. If you have an xbox and you want a great fps errie adventure game, this is it.

karkrash81
11-02-05, 07:14 AM
So is it scary???

It just got an 8.3 at gamespot.

Just waiting for the PC release....