PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R had a Great Ending

john19055
10-26-05, 02:27 PM
It had a great horror ending just like a movie ,I liked how it ended.

Seoulstriker
10-26-05, 02:45 PM
Meh. Lame and derivative. Sort of like Half-Life 2. :thumbdwn:

jAkUp
10-26-05, 03:03 PM
I liked it. I thought it was good too :)
**Spoiler**

The explosion part was really awesome, reminds me of that one tornado scene in NOLF2. ;)

toxikneedle
10-26-05, 04:41 PM
Yeah I hope you're not talking about the Alma part in the chopper cuz that was L-A-M-E. But the explosion part was awesomely done.

Mr. Hunt
10-26-05, 05:40 PM
I liked the Alma part in the chopper... reminded me of a horror movie and left me with a GOOD cliffhanger... not one that is there for no reason.

TierMann
10-26-05, 06:25 PM
I liked the whole thing (explosion and Alma).
***Spoiler***

When I got outside and everything started blowing up I was like ... this is gonna hurt cause there's nowhere to go. What was missing though is a scene with you walking out like Dutch in Predator. That would have been cool.

zampe
10-26-05, 07:03 PM
I liked it. I thought it was good too :)
**Spoiler**

The explosion part was really awesome, reminds me of that one tornado scene in NOLF2. ;)

The final scene, and much more music remind me of Schwarzenegger Predator's End :) maybe only left famous
Schwarzenegger's cigar in hero's mouth :smoking2:

technoid
10-27-05, 10:58 AM
I just finished FEAR this morning before going to work. I liked the ending a lot but I think they could have trimmed it down just a little. It also reminded me of the Predator ending. Very good job to Monolith.

Gaco
10-27-05, 02:32 PM
I liked the ending in F.E.A.R. very much as well as I like the ending in Half-Life 2 very much... Now it comes to it I actually didn't mind the ending in Halo 2 either, but I'm sure several people would disagree on that one :)

Elvin Presler
10-27-05, 03:41 PM
FEAR had an ending? I felt like I was just getting to the meat of the story and it just stopped with no ending. Like, "where's the rest of the game?!?!"

Gaco
10-27-05, 05:12 PM
Lol, F.E.A.R. is a pretty long game for today's standards, what did you expect? The game to go on for another 12 hours? Nah, we're not that lucky ;)

john19055
10-29-05, 01:02 AM
I thought it was a pretty long game myself and I and talking about Alma because it was like it was all over and you were safe and then get ready for FEAR 2.

SH64
10-29-05, 07:02 AM
Yep the ending was fantastic & extraordinary .. i started to like endings with no huge f*cking boss with big ass gun & 100000 monster around him just to make hard & great ending.

Roliath
10-30-05, 07:36 PM
I just finished this game, and man oh man the explosion part was awesome!
Or before all that when all the spectres are coming out of those "rifts", this game is freaking awesome..
Now to play through it again.

DJMONDY
10-31-05, 03:17 AM
Finished the game lastnight and i have to say the game and especially the last 10mins or so of the game made me crap my pants more than any other game ive ever played.

I actually had shivers up and down my spine playing it :scarey: :scarey:

The ending was great, i loved it :thumbsup:

zampe
10-31-05, 05:13 AM
Yep the ending was fantastic & extraordinary .. i started to like endings with no huge f*cking boss with big ass gun & 100000 monster around him just to make hard & great ending.
hahahaha..... in emergencies and disaster situations like this, magic F5 (quick save) key make wonders.

Arto*
10-31-05, 03:59 PM
(w/opics)

Gaco
10-31-05, 04:31 PM
Comeon arto, don't wanna ruin the great visual satisfaction there is in experiencing the spetacular ending by oneself :)

Fx-Rat
11-01-05, 02:20 AM
I have to say I loved the ending of this game, I just finished the game tonight,will worth the money, GoGamer.com has the game for $29.90, and thats even better reason to play this game. I bought Quake 4 four days before this game and quit playing to finish F.E.A.R.The game is so much scarier if you play at night, I was playing it some during the day and quit,total darkness :D .Now to go finish playing Quake 4.

Pafet
11-01-05, 07:29 AM
I watched that explosion atleast 10 times :D
As for the Alma chick, I thougt it was secondary to the action in the game. It was crazy battles one after the other with some minor story elements in between. Only in the Vault stage things got serious with the last sequence topping it all.
Also I think this japanese style horror is getting a bit cheesy...

All in all, a must have for every FPS gamer (DAH)

karkrash81
11-01-05, 09:08 AM
Loved the ending. The alma part was totally unexpected. Probably my favorite ending of any Shooter I have played.