PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Games for PC? Or am I stuck with P.S. Emulation??

Pages : [1] 2

ragejg
01-03-03, 07:32 AM
Are there ANY fighting games out for PC? Yeah, I like how Tekken3 looks @ 1280x1024, but DANG! I've been playing it for like 3 years, and wonder if there's any other options...

Yes I admit it, I try to make my PC do console-ish things, but it's unconventional and I LIKE IT!!:afro: :afro:

I guess if there's nothing for PC then I'll just go get Bloody Roar 2, and play it to death @ hi-rez...

Anything? Anything?

vampireuk
01-03-03, 07:39 AM
I believe many years ago when Body Blows came out the makers and supporters of it had their testicles removed so the fighting game spirit could not be continued....thats a no:D :p

MUYA
01-03-03, 10:08 AM
not likely it seems all the good beat em ups/fighting and wrestling games are all console based these days....I was hoping for a Dead Or Alive 4 port from the Xbox to PC but that doesn't seem to be on the cards...at least I haven't heard of anythingto the contrary!

We need a few decent fighting/boxing games for the PC. PC games coverage is most weak in that area.(..and platform...but I think ppl who wanted to play platform would buy a console?)

We have enough FPS and RTS and RPG games going round to last ....at least thats what i think...till Doom 3 or Unreal 2 or even Stalker comes round? But it would be nice to take your fustrations with a good punch or some 21 combo hit move:spank: to an opponent than blasting them away with machine guns, rocket launchers. :rw: ...sometimes!

well ....heres hoping

:P

MUYA

sytaylor
01-03-03, 10:09 AM
sega released last bronx on to the pc (a damn good game, anbd worth checking out) a jewel... if you can find it but other than that emulation is your best bet :angel:

zoolap
01-03-03, 10:24 AM
I wish there was more in the way of beat-em ups for the pc. I want more variety on top of the endless fps shooters.

Only two i can think of:

Scrolling beater The Rage (http://www.fluidgames.net/games/) which is a side scrolling beat-em up like Streets of Rage or Final fight you can download the demo at the site. I've got the Rage and it's ok, but could be better. You can have up to 4 players on one pc or networked though. They also have a beat-em up game called Jaxe in development at the moment. You should be able to see some screenshots if you download the english powerpoint presentation for the bit headed "NEW 3D ENGINE".

The other one that seems really interesting is "One Must Fall: Battlegrounds" (http://www.omf.com)which is based on an older side on beat-em (one-on-one like streetfighter 2 - you can download the old one free, but it is a DOS game) called One Must Fall. "Battlegrounds" is not out yet, but they have been beta testing it for a while and it's scheduled for release first quarter this year i think.

saturnotaku
01-03-03, 10:56 AM
If you're a fan of Mortal Kombat, MK4 was available for the PC at one time. The only way you'd probably find it now is through ebay.

But I don't think we'll be seeing any new fighting games for the PC anytime in the forseeable future. That's fine - every type of gaming system has to have its niche. :D

vampireuk
01-03-03, 10:56 AM
I guess no one remembers body blows:|

I think my age is starting to show:D :super:

saturnotaku
01-03-03, 10:59 AM
Yeah, take a hike old man. :POKE: :angel:

Fusion
01-03-03, 11:14 AM
I guess no one remembers body blows

Yeah, I had it on my Amiga500.
Now that must make me even older :D

Oh, and isn't ePSXe just a wonderful thing ?
There's nothing quite like Wipeout3, at 1280x960x32 4xS FSAA, 2x AA.

gmontem
01-03-03, 01:30 PM
There was also that fun polygonal, DOS boxing game called "4D Boxing".... :D

EciDemon
01-03-03, 09:12 PM
Hehe ... body blows ... played it at school many years ago on the 486 comps they had there (or if it was 386). I had it retail for amiga too. Nice game :)

There are very few beat em ups for pc and that is a shame I think, Im a huge fan of beat em ups, got tons of them for psx and for my new ps2 i got a few weeks back most of my games are fighting games.

But for pc the best thing to do is to just get a good emulator.

If you are a real fan of 2d beat em ups ala street fighter like me then you should check out neogeo. Most of the games for that system is beat em ups, and they are good too. The best ones are made by Snk, like King of fighters series. Rage of dragons is cool too.

Ill have to check out epsxe too now when I have upgraded my comp, didnt even cross my mind.

btw is there a working ps2 emu out yet ?

saturnotaku
01-03-03, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by EciDemon
btw is there a working ps2 emu out yet ?

Nope and probably never will be either. PS2 is still way too powerful for any computer the average Joe would be using.

Starscream
01-03-03, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Nope and probably never will be either. PS2 is still way too powerful for any computer the average Joe would be using.

I wouldn't say never. People said the same thing about N64 emulation not too long ago after all.

EciDemon
01-03-03, 10:11 PM
Ok, thanx for the info about ps2 emu. Last time I checked (almost a year ago) there were only fake emus with trojans or viruses. Im pretty sure there eventually will be an ps2 emulator, It just takes time, just as it did with the psx emu. I think the ps2 is an impressive console, I boght mine just two weeks ago (I know, very late) ... man games are impressive. I only got a few games like tekken 4 and mgs 2... they both rule! ... why cant we get such cool games for pc ?
There is also a big lack of "console" type rpgs for pc. As far as I know there has only been a few converted games ... thats a shame considering what the Pc with a good gfx card can do.

saturnotaku
01-03-03, 10:33 PM
Bought your PS2 very late? I bought my Xbox <1 month ago and that's the first real console I've ever owned in my over 20 years of existence. And I have to say it's damn fine. I'm glad there are different games available for it (Shenmue II, DOA3, Project Gotham, MK: Deadly Alliance) that way I'll still be able to find my PC entertaining for games like UT2003 and so forth.

It's a nice balance if you ask me. :cool:

EciDemon
01-03-03, 10:41 PM
I was considering an x-box, But I think that the games avalible reflects pc too much. Games for ps2 is more uniqe IMO. Been into consoles for many years my self but lately its been alot of pc for my part, until now ;)

Another reason for not buying an x-box is that alot of the top games is or will be avalible for pc. x-box has some uniqe cool games too ofcours :)

*Im no fan of systems, Im a fan of games*

Serath
01-04-03, 12:30 AM
actually, there is a PS2 emu already in development and it's doing a very nice job so far. It's coming along faster than the whole PSEmu Pro style emus did. (epsxe is one of them). Check out www.ngemu.com and look into PCSX2 :)

Matthyahuw
01-04-03, 02:18 AM
I'd rather see an Xbox emu...
all you'd need is a GF4 or higher, and you have yourself a better than Xbox system!

Kruno
01-04-03, 02:22 AM
We all know that Doom 3 will run on a pc but not one a PSX 2 at defualt pc IQ. :p ;) :D :condom:

StealthHawk
01-04-03, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Starscream
I wouldn't say never. People said the same thing about N64 emulation not too long ago after all.

things haven't progressed much since UltraHLE first came out though :( and there is still a lot of progress that can/should be made. i basically gave up. especially since Nemu64 died with no updates since 2000 or so.

on the other hand PSX emulators are darn near perfect, and there are better PSX than N64 games anyway :)

LORD-eX-Bu
01-04-03, 04:04 AM
yeah, I remember running Wrestlemania 2000 on Nemu and Goldeneye on Ultra-HLE, those ran great! and that was only on a S3 virge!:D :D Glide wrappers baby! anyways, once updates stopped coming, that kinda killed emulation for me, and wrestling, but ePSXe kinda brought it back for a little bit, but I've totally lost interest. Even in that PS2 emulator. I'd much rather just buy the console than wait a few years to be able to play the same old game on a platform it was not designed for, with glitches and errors all around. Oh well, I guess thats the fun in emulation, its a challenge, I just don't seem to want to give it another try anymore :D

EDIT: Actually, I think S3 only worked with Nemu in scheisse mode, then I got a GF2 and thats when Ultra-HLE worked for me.:D

EciDemon
01-04-03, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
things haven't progressed much since UltraHLE first came out though :( and there is still a lot of progress that can/should be made. i basically gave up. especially since Nemu64 died with no updates since 2000 or so.

on the other hand PSX emulators are darn near perfect, and there are better PSX than N64 games anyway :)

Hey StealthHawk, You should checkout Project64, Its a very good n64 emu, works perfectly for me. :here: (http://www.pj64.net/)

StealthHawk
01-04-03, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by EciDemon
Hey StealthHawk, You should checkout Project64, Its a very good n64 emu, works perfectly for me. :here: (http://www.pj64.net/)

yeah, i use that as my main N64 emulator. but there are still quite a few games that don't run at all(F-Zero X), and many games with lots of graphical glitches(Smash Bros).

that's just naming a few of the problems. there are also unexplained slowdowns, etc. contrast that to PSX emulation, which is much, much more refined.

poursoul
01-04-03, 12:16 PM
EDIT by volt: poursoul, check your message box please

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/announcement.php?s=&forumid=12

Don't let it happen again.

Fusion
01-04-03, 01:42 PM
yeah, i use that as my main N64 emulator. but there are still quite a few games that don't run at all(F-Zero X), and many games with lots of graphical glitches(Smash Bros).

They both work great in Project64. Are you using Jabbo's d3d 1.5 ?
Are your roms ok ? No bad roms ?

You should see F-ZeroX, at 1280x960x32 4xS FSAA, 2s AA. Looks and runs superb.