PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte K8NS Ultra-939 BIOS F9 out. (new one)

TierMann
10-26-05, 05:13 PM
This has been out a few days allready but I didn't notice it at first because I was allready running F9. It's strange but this new bios is actually an update. I don't know why they kept the same number but there are some nice changes here. They moved all the overclocking features the the MIT page like it should be and added a couple of options like auto-detecting pci clocks and actually being able to set the divider manually. There were also cpu updates but since they're not great on posting info I don't know which cpus were added or changed.

If you're using the old F9 and it's working for you, then back it up first.

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-K8NS%20Ultra-939_More.htm

TierMann
10-27-05, 09:53 PM
Just an update on this. Sometimes it doesn't like a warm reboot. It will stop after the normal DDR message before the drives are recognized. Everything is stable in windows and I've been gaming with no problems so I don't know what's up with that. Drives check out fine too. Since I didn't take my own advice and backup the old F9 and this seems to be the only problem I have I'm gonna stick with it. I had no probs with F8, but I like the new options and menu setup.

Edit: Ok, I think I figured this out. It's not applying my OC on a warm reboot so that's why it locks up because it's probably still applying the dividers.

Redshirt #24
10-30-05, 11:06 PM
Obliquely, this reminds me that I need to switch out my Neo2 Platinum for my K8NS Ultra. :) First thing I'll need to do is flash the BIOS up, though...