PDA

View Full Version : partitioning your hard drive

snipcod
10-26-05, 07:09 PM
Ive been told by a buddy that uses mac that if you partition a hard drive you pretty much have to dump it to do so. I was just wondering if thats the same for a Win XP. And if not any one know a good web site I can use to find out how to do it.

saturnotaku
10-26-05, 07:17 PM
Ive been told by a buddy that uses mac that if you partition a hard drive you pretty much have to dumn it to do so. I was just wondering if that goes the same for a Win XP. And if not any one know a good web site I can use to find out how to do it.

Qua?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2000/20000901l.jpg

einstein_314
10-26-05, 08:33 PM
Ive been told by a buddy that uses mac that if you partition a hard drive you pretty much have to dump it to do so. I was just wondering if thats the same for a Win XP. And if not any one know a good web site I can use to find out how to do it.
Dump it? What exactly does that mean?

CaptNKILL
10-26-05, 09:27 PM
Uhm... its not that hard to figure out guys :p

Hes asking if you have to delete your current partition to split it up... ie, lose all your data.

As far as I know you have to "dump" everything, but I've never done it so Im probably not the best guy to ask. Im sure someone else knows.

Rytr
10-26-05, 09:46 PM
You can partition your harddrive without osing data as long as you have free space available. Partition Magic or something simular can be used to partition the free space.

|JuiceZ|
10-26-05, 10:16 PM
Get Partition Magic and never look back.