PDA

View Full Version : 7800GTX Water cooling

fasedww
10-26-05, 09:56 PM
Ok if I buy the dangerden sli waterblock kit, and hook it up can I overclock or run at stock speed? I mean I won't have the gpu fan header hooked up, will this work ok and not down clock the speeds?:)

toxikneedle
10-26-05, 10:19 PM
Well what's the point of getting water-cooling if you can't overclock?

-=DVS=-
10-26-05, 10:29 PM
Older drivers had a bug , it would throttle down if you removed fan connector , but its long been fixed.

Ryker
10-27-05, 01:23 AM
Hey Aqua-computers has desiged a water cooler for the 7800GTX ,it has a spring loaded adjustable disk for the gpu core,so it makes sure the cooler is in contact with all ram moduals evenly, it even covers the stuff where the black heatsink on the very back end of the card, it also covers the ram on the other side of the card, Its an awsome design ,I have 2 6800gt and i got both cards cooled with their 6800 fx design,im also cooling a AMD64 4000+
in the same loop and my GFX cards top out at 54c Max,
You can go www.aqua-computer-berlin.de, look on the right side columm.
www.sharkacomputers.com, will have them in the states in 2 to 3 weeks from now, You cam look at the 6800 GT version at sharkacomputers now,they are a lot better than the danger Den versions. Go check them out,
Im new to this forum, and i havent been able to figure out how to post pics yet or i would post them here. see ya. when you get to aqua comp just click on water coolers then yuo will see it

Ryker
10-27-05, 01:51 AM
edited

fasedww
10-27-05, 06:10 PM
Well what's the point of getting water-cooling if you can't overclock?Because in the middle of my video cards is a pci e 4x slot that I want to put one of those ageia physic's cards, If I do that with the stock heatsink fan combo it will starve one of the fans and heat the ram up on the other. this way it will sure to be cool.:)

adpr 02
10-27-05, 08:21 PM
U better v-mod that sucker. what's the point of watercooling if U won't V-mod it. I reached the max my card would do with my stock cooler, and still upgraded. I have not yet finished v-modding. I was ready to put more voltage through my v-mem (hoping for 1.37 - 1.4ghz) and I just realised.... I forgot mybloody multimeter turned on durring the night. I now no longer have a multimeter. DAMN. I am also waiting for a guy to give me a bios with extra voltage for my v-core so I can push this sucker past 500mhz.

marqmajere
10-27-05, 09:37 PM
All these people asking "what's the point of watercooling if you dont overclock/voltmod?" Perhaps he lives in a warmer climate and temps with fans doesn't float his boat. Silence? Watercooling is much quieter than fans. There's lots of reasons to watercool besides overclocking.

Dasneak
10-27-05, 10:05 PM
I need to do a volt-mod on my 7800gtx i have my core at 515mhz and memory at 1420 mhz on water.