PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 81.85 driver

sebcanadaceo
10-26-05, 10:02 PM
I have a P4 2.4 Gzh with 1 Gig of RAM.

My video card Geforce4 4400 Ti 128 Meg

My monitor is an NEC XtraView 18' LCD

My OS is Windows XP Home

I downloaded the new 81.85 drivers yesterday and everything is now screwy!

The biggest problem is that it freezes my mouse cursor after a short period of time. After that the image of the cursor is stuck there but the actual is working and movable but it is now invisible... It is quite a chore to reboot your PC when you can't see your cursor. It is driving me crazy!

The problem is that I cannot do a "roll back" because I deleted my previous driver (which was in the 5. something series) because that is what they said to do on the Nvidia website (stupid me)!

This problem is happening anywhere at anytime including on my desktop but it also causes this problem and other issues with "Age of Empires III" & "The Sims 2: Nightlife" games...

Somebody please help!?!

Regards

-Seb

sebcanadaceo
10-26-05, 10:08 PM
Sorry that I posted this twice...

TierMann
10-26-05, 11:44 PM
Have you tried downloading and installing 78.05 from ftp://download.nvidia.com ?
You could always try the new 81.87 betas too but better to stick with 78.03 or 05 for troubleshooting.
Also, do you remember which driver version you had before? A lot of them are still there on that server.

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/78.05/

Another version that I had no problems running on a GeForce 4 were 66.93. They're a little older so you might have better luck with them.
ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/66.93/

sebcanadaceo
10-27-05, 03:22 AM
It started with "5" but I can't remember and I had it since 10/03...

I just found, downloaded and installed 78.01 and so far, no problems have manifested themselves... But it's still too early to tell?

I do have a few questions about the settings though if anyone is willing to help?

I run on a resolution of 1152x864 and as mentioned above, my monitor is an NEC XtraView MultiSync LCD 1850E

My card is a Geforce4 4400 Ti with 128 Megs.

"Performance and Quality settings"

I have "Image Settings" on "Quality", is that Ok?

"Antialliasing" was on "Aplication Controll" but I have switched it to "Off". Is that Ok or should I place it on 2x, 2xQ, 4x or 4x5?

"Anasotropic filtering" is also on "Off", is that Ok?

"Rotation settings" are at 0 and the "Refresh Rate" is at "60 Hertz", is that Ok?

Finally, my "Display Mode Timing" is on "auto detect". Is that Ok, or should it be on "General Timing Formula", "Discrete Monitor Timing", "Coordinated Video Timing - Standard" or "Fixed Aspect Ratio Timing"?

Please forgive all the questions, I know I must sound like an "idiot" but I just don't know much about all this stuff?

Any assistance is very much apreciated! Thank you.

Regards

-Seb

MUYA
10-27-05, 03:25 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58326