PDA

View Full Version : -Win 32/64- Nvidia Nforce 4 AMD/Intel x16 Drivers 6.82 WHQL

Tux
10-26-05, 11:55 PM
Nvidia has released driver version 6.82 WHQL on their site now for x16 PCI-E AMD/Intel chipsets.

32 bit drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_x16_6.82
64 bit drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp64_x16_6.82

Side note:
These work perfecly fine for me on my regular Nforce 4 Ultra board.

Strahd
10-27-05, 11:58 AM
Is this update for the dual x16 pcie slots or does it work on any nforce4 board? I'm not famaliar with BFG's MB.

Tux
10-27-05, 12:00 PM
Its for the x16 pcie boards but the drivers work perfectly on my non x16 board :)

These drivers include an updated NAM and network driver (5.09)

Riptide
10-27-05, 12:08 PM
This is confusing to me. I don't know what options I should choose when installing this package. I've never used the NForce4 package before so it's new for me.

I am using onboard audio and a single SATA drive. No RAID. Motherboard is an A8N-SLI. Which options should I be choosing to install? Do I really need the IDE driver it includes?

Tux
10-27-05, 12:09 PM
i normally install everything. However some people choose not to install the IDE driver for fear of curruption.

Riptide
10-27-05, 12:13 PM
Well this is a bunch of crap. If I try and expand that package here at work on an XP32 system it complains about corruption. A buddy behind me tried it as well, same result.

So how am I supposed to prepare a SATA driver floppy disk, for my install tonight, if I can't expand the package and get at the damn thing? Apparently you need an already up and running XP64 box for that package to run in the first place. Talk about cart before the horse here....

Am I missing something?

Tux
10-27-05, 12:15 PM
someone else was complaining about that same thing. They said it only affected them when they downloaded the english version. They used the international version. See if that works.

I downloaded the drivers and expaned them...they worked for me.

Reaper106
10-27-05, 12:17 PM
So should I use these on my ASUS A8N-SLI Premium or the 6.70's? :)

Riptide
10-27-05, 12:33 PM
The international version works. I can expand it and retrieve the SATA driver for the floppy disk. Thanks for the tip there...

Kinda silly that they did something to that english version though isn't it?

jAkUp
10-27-05, 12:48 PM
Do these have the same drivers in it as 6.7 for just the standard nforce4 dual 8x slots?

muaddib
10-27-05, 12:58 PM
Can I install these on my NF3 Ultra motherboard?

Riptide
10-27-05, 01:02 PM
No. They aren't for NF3. NF3 is a separate package.

Tux
10-27-05, 01:20 PM
I noticed they removed the PATA Raid driver from both 6.70 and 6.82. Now the only IDE drivers it installs is the serial ata drivers.

The pata ide driver is now just the standard microsoft driver.

OWA
10-27-05, 01:50 PM
This is confusing to me. I don't know what options I should choose when installing this package. I've never used the NForce4 package before so it's new for me.

I am using onboard audio and a single SATA drive. No RAID. Motherboard is an A8N-SLI. Which options should I be choosing to install? Do I really need the IDE driver it includes?
I usually install everything but the audio and the nvidia firewall/active armor. No audio b/c I have a soundcard, no nvidia firewall b/c people have complained it's difficult to setup and I didn't think the extra hassle was worth it.

Riptide
10-27-05, 02:01 PM
Thanks. I'll be sure not to install either of those items. One thing though, if I setup XP with the SATA driver in that package and use the driver on a floppy (for F6 setup portion) do I need to install that when I run setup for the chipset package? Seems like all it would do is install the same driver again.

saturnotaku
10-27-05, 02:05 PM
Seems like all it would do is install the same driver again.

That's exactly what would happen. No need to worry about those particular drivers once you're up and running in XP.

Riptide
10-27-05, 02:17 PM
Thanks guys, I think I have the right information to get this done properly the first time instead of the third. lol

Hopefully my A8N won't blow up in my face tonight. :D

zoomy942
10-27-05, 09:25 PM
okay, maybe its just me, but before i could see the Activearmor setting in the firewall web config. now i dont se it at all. anyone else notice this?

mad_man
10-28-05, 05:14 AM
Is it possible to use this with regular NON-X16 NF4? There is no 64bit update for that.

Splitting up the NF4 drivers makes no sense to me, just frustrating to see this.

Riptide
10-28-05, 08:40 AM
I used it when I installed XP64 on my system last night and it seems OK. I didn't even realize that was some sort of mistake... Woops. lol

Tux
10-28-05, 11:00 AM
okay, maybe its just me, but before i could see the Activearmor setting in the firewall web config. now i dont se it at all. anyone else notice this?

are you using Windows XP x64 Edition? If so that happened to me as well when i had it installed with drivers 6.66.

zoomy942
10-28-05, 02:55 PM
yeah, i am. hmm, i dont knwo why it doesnt show up anymore, but i will say one thing.

THEY FINALLY FIXED THE CORRUPT DOWNLOADING.

nothing gets messed up anymore when i download it, so as long as i can fiond out for sure that things are still "offloadable" then i am a happy-a*s camper. take that windows firewall:)

TierMann
10-28-05, 10:08 PM
The network drivers from this set work fine on my nforce3. It's the first time I've had nvidia firewall working. The info coming up for each app is annoying but after a day or two that should be down to just popping up for newly installed apps. I had to open the windows file sharing ports too, but other than that it's pretty cool.

Edit:
Nevermind :P. It just now started to open and close all my ports at random. I went back to windows firewall and all is fine.
Now that I've tried it out, I don't get it either. How is this supposed to help offload anything when you have 6 processes to run it? Apache being one of them.

wollyka
10-29-05, 08:56 AM
lol u r right, it is a bloatware so i remove it and back to windows firewall too :(

zoomy942
10-29-05, 12:59 PM
you dont need aache for it to work. apache is just the web interface. set things up how you like and then disable the apache service in windows and you wont have that stuff loading all the time.