PDA

View Full Version : Installing new drivers

lee63
10-26-05, 11:40 PM
Whats the best way to install new drivers? I see some people using Driver Cleaner, and some people just installing over the exsisting drivers and also just using Add & Remove programs and then installing the new ones ?

rewt
10-27-05, 12:00 AM
Uninstall using Add & Remove programs. Reboot. Install new drivers, enable SLi, reboot. Change SLi to multi-GPU rendering mode. Play :)

fatal1ty
10-27-05, 12:12 AM
I always lose the ability of profiles if I uninstall from add / remove

I'll have global and nothing more.

j0j081
10-27-05, 04:56 AM
I always uninstall, reboot in safe mode and use DC, then reboot and install. Been working great that way for centuries.

lee63
10-27-05, 08:27 AM
I always uninstall, reboot in safe mode and use DC, then reboot and install. Been working great that way for centuries.Yeah thats the way I do it. But I heard DC screws thing up somtimes.

saturnotaku
10-27-05, 08:29 AM
But I heard DC screws thing up somtimes.

It only screws up if you don't know what you're doing or don't follow the instructions. I've switched between NVIDIA and ATI cards with DC and have not had to reinstall Windows.

Zandig
10-27-05, 08:39 AM
It only screws up if you don't know what you're doing or don't follow the instructions. I've switched between NVIDIA and ATI cards with DC and have not had to reinstall Windows.

Agreed!
It works like a charm for me. Never had one problem with it.
I think you are right when you say people should read the instructions of the program and follow them!
I'll bet some people are removing the nForce options in DriverCleaner when removing the nVidia graphic drivers, or staying connected to the internet.

saweetnesstrev
10-27-05, 09:07 AM
wow,, it says not to use nforce cleaning yet its there,, cause it does raid cleaning? I dont get it

j0j081
10-28-05, 12:54 PM
It depends on what you are removing. If you are only messing with the video driver the Nvidia filter is enough.