PDA

View Full Version : FEAR mutliplayer "pre-order" models/skins?

Lazaredz
10-27-05, 02:29 PM
So I went to go try FEAR MP today and was setting up my guy and noticed that there were a few emblems and models that had "pre-order" only under them. Pre-order from who? I had mine through Game Stop, but how would VU Games know that?

Anywho, I guess the question is how do you "unlock" these guys? Cause unless I'm missing something, there are like only 2 models available in standard DM without it.

Thx

Superfly
10-27-05, 04:07 PM
they came on a special pre-order DVD that I was sent a few weeks before the game release, guess you missed out there mate.

Lazaredz
10-28-05, 02:54 PM
Well darn! I wouldn't be concerned about it except there are only 2 MP models to choose from as it is right now. Seems pretty lame.

marqmajere
10-28-05, 10:22 PM
Well darn! I wouldn't be concerned about it except there are only 2 MP models to choose from as it is right now. Seems pretty lame.

Lame for getting free stuff? :confused:

TierMann
10-28-05, 11:39 PM

I thought it was pretty sad that there were only 2 models in the release as well.
I guess it doesn't matter much since I can't see myself anyway. But then looking at 20 people who look exactly the same is kinda silly. I totally understand including goodies with the pre-order, but throw everyone else a bone here... 2 models? Hehe.

jAkUp
10-29-05, 12:00 AM
Hey maybe they will add some extras in a patch or something :D They are already talking about doing some sort of anti-cheat.

They seem to respond well to the community.

TierMann
10-29-05, 12:12 AM
That's what I'm hoping :)

Rampant CL
10-29-05, 12:22 AM
Theyre on the collectors edition Dvd too. Theyre not so hot.

Hex
10-29-05, 01:42 AM
Do not most "squads" wear the same thing anyway and try to look the same?

The extras are a nice touch though, I am sure the community will throw some out there soon also.

TierMann
10-29-05, 02:10 AM
Theyre on the collectors edition Dvd too. Theyre not so hot.
They're not on mine. Do they just install with the game or is there a hidden pack somewhere?
Just to clear it up, I have 2 models I can use and 2 more that say "Limited to pre-sale".

Lazaredz
10-29-05, 12:58 PM

Nah, I meant the only having 2 models to choose from part. If you gave me 10, I wouldn't have even been concerned about the pre-order ones.

Rampant CL
10-30-05, 12:18 AM
They're not on mine. Do they just install with the game or is there a hidden pack somewhere?
Just to clear it up, I have 2 models I can use and 2 more that say "Limited to pre-sale".

All the models are selectable for me, but 2 do say pre release or presale only, cant remember exactly which, but theyre all usable for me.

I just did a regular install of the dvd.