PDA

View Full Version : Evga 7800GT CO artifacts(stock speeds)

RacerX
10-27-05, 02:56 PM
Hi all. Just pieced together a new system in sig, first Nvidia card in sometime as I've been a ATI fanboy the last few years. Anyways during any 3dmark benchmark I'm experiencing video corruption, this happens towards the middle part of the benchmark. This happens when complete system is at stock speeds.

Using newest Nvidia chipset drivers 6.70 and lastest Nforce drivers 81.85. The software reports the card idling around 38-39c. Just wondering if I have a bad card since it runs faster than a normal 7800GT, core 470/memory 1000.

Thanks

RacerX
10-27-05, 03:18 PM
here's my setup, notice the 2 120mm fans in the back. This keeps atleast the back side of the card nice and cool. Matter of fact the copper heatsink is slightly luke warm to touch.

I'm thinking driver issue.

mustrum
10-27-05, 04:08 PM
Probably just a factory overclocked card that doesn't make the warranted clocks. Underclock it and check if the corruption goes away.

UberRN69
10-27-05, 04:27 PM
What BIOS version do you have? eVGA initially realeased their 7800GT's with an added 40mHZ on the delta core, or something to that effect (so if the core was 460, the delta would be 500 -you can use Rivaturner to see this). A lot of people, including myself:mad: , were having a lot of problems with artifacting, and you could not overcolck at all:mad: . They have since released a new BIOS that fixes this. If you do have the new BIOS, then you got a bad card. eVGA is very easy to RMA with so your not screwed:).

If you need the new BIOS you can get it here:

http://www.evga.com/downloads/7800GTCO.exe

This is a self extracting file that will copy all needed files onto a floppy, and when you reboot, all you have to do is type "Y" when prompted:p

RacerX
10-27-05, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the tips. As for bios version this is what I see.......

UberRN69
10-27-05, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the tips. As for bios version this is what I see.......

Looks like you have the original version. The new version is 5.70.02.13.03, this is the one that's in the link I provided. At least give it a try, it solved a lot problems for most folks, and a lot easier than an RMA. But if your still having problems after the BIOS update, I would RMA it:o

RacerX
10-27-05, 07:26 PM
Looks like you have the original version. The new version is 5.70.02.13.03, this is the one that's in the link I provided. At least give it a try, it solved a lot problems for most folks, and a lot easier than an RMA. But if your still having problems after the BIOS update, I would RMA it:o

Yup, time for RMA. Flash new bios and still cannot run 3dmark without artifacts completely stocked.

Well question is now that I've been to EVGA website and seen all the problems with their CO version do I dare get another. Maybe just move up the the GTX.:afro2: