PDA

View Full Version : Q4 Config file

HiT
10-27-05, 06:43 PM
Im used to editing my q3 config and was wondering if anyone has worked out some of the basic cmd's that may improve configs for MP.

Rate is in the cfg but I cant see maxpackets and hunkmegs.

Also, a cmd to set refresh rate which was 'r_displayrefresh' in q3.

Also, does anyone else find it annoying that to drop the console is Ctrl+Alt_tidle? Is there a line i can put in to force one key to drop the console?

Finally; zoom sensitivity is ridiculous. Anyone know how to calm it down a bit :P

DoomUK
10-27-05, 07:07 PM
www.tweakguides.com has a Quake 4 optomisation guide coming soon. For now though check out the Doom 3 guide, as most of what is there is still applicable to Q4.

alucard_x
10-28-05, 09:01 AM
com_allowconsole 1
^^ make console just ~

net_clientmaxrate (i think), keep this at 16000.. do NOT set it to 25000 like in q3, i had it like this for over a week before i realized my ping was jumping all over the place.. once i put it back down to 16k it was much better

i dont know if theres a snaps or maxpacket command

r_displayrefresh still works but put it in your autoexec.cfg

here's some cmd's to make it look like r_picmip 5. will increase performance a little bit, but you will find that in heavy firefights it will still be sluggish because its highly cpu intensive.

-----------------------------------------------

seta image_downSizeLimit "16"
seta image_ignoreHighQuality "1"
seta image_downSizeBumpLimit "16"
seta image_downSizeSpecularLimit "2"
seta image_downSizeBump "1"
seta image_downSizeSpecular "1"
seta image_useCache "1"
seta image_cacheMegs "256"
seta image_cacheMinK "3072"
seta image_usePrecompressedTextures "0"
seta image_useNormalCompressionLoadDDSForPal "0"
seta image_useNormalCompression "2"
seta image_useAllFormats "1"
seta image_useCompression "0"
seta image_downSize "1"
seta image_lodbias "0"
seta image_anisotropy "0"
seta image_filter "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST"
seta g_decals "0"
seta g_projectileLights "0"
seta g_skipItemShadowsMP "1"
seta g_skipPlayerShadowsMP "1"
seta g_doubleVision "0"
seta g_muzzleFlash "0"

Roch
10-28-05, 11:42 AM
Upset chaps have a new quake 4 guide up, it's got sample mp config's and loads of tips etc, very nice indeed!

Clay
10-28-05, 12:03 PM
Here's the link to the UC guide:
http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Quake4/Quake4Guide.htm

HiT
10-28-05, 06:18 PM
Good stuff. Ive got a half decent cfg now cheers.

One thing I have noticed is that I dont have a full scoreboard show up when i press TAB in MP. I have the default bind set to TAB which is "_ingamestats". this brings up a small window on the right side of screen with my kills/deaths and individual weapon accuracies only. I have heard that other get a full scoreboard showing teams/players, scores and other stats.

Anyone else get the full scoreboard and if so what do you have bind to TAB that is different from waht I have?

Cheers.

Mr. Nice
10-28-05, 06:29 PM
One thing I have noticed is that I dont have a full scoreboard show up when i press TAB in MP. I have the default bind set to TAB which is "_ingamestats". That's not the default tab bind, that's the default z bind. _impulse19 is the full scoreboard which is bound to tab by default.

HiT
10-28-05, 06:38 PM
That's not the default tab bind, that's the default z bind. _impulse19 is the full scoreboard which is bound to tab by default.
How odd because I didnt change it :). Well thanks anyway.