PDA

View Full Version : A8N-SLI Unknown Device

Riptide
10-27-05, 10:31 PM
Can someone post a jpg of their device manager? I am getting an unknown device and can't resolve it. Just finished installing XP64 w/the latest chipset package for it (came out today). I used the international version of the package, though I don't see how that would make a difference.

I have disabled firewire, parallel ata (both controllers), and sata 3/4 in BIOS. That hasn't helped. When I loaded the chipset driver I loaded everything except NV Audio. I told it no on the firewall.

What the hell could this be? Sound driver from Realtek seems fine and so does the nvidia driver. My UPS is on there but I have it configured under power options fine. I am using a USB optical drive but it shows up like it should in device manager.

I can't get to the bottom of this... Help plz. :)

Here is a picture of the "issue".
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/2598/dm0ee.th.jpg (http://img473.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dm0ee.jpg)

Reaper106
10-27-05, 10:36 PM
Lets see, is it the premium, deluxe or standard? Does the standard have the 2nd GB ethernet port? that may be it.

I see only 1 network controller installed on your DM.

Riptide
10-27-05, 10:37 PM
It's the standard, no second ethernet port.

Reaper106
10-27-05, 10:40 PM
Does it come back if you delete it from the DM?

Riptide
10-27-05, 10:42 PM
Yes. Every time. I've tried pointing it to the folders that the NVidia chipset driver unpacks. It doesn't find what it wants in any of them.

Reaper106
10-27-05, 10:46 PM
Yes. Every time. I've tried pointing it to the folders that the NVidia chipset driver unpacks. It doesn't find what it wants in any of them.
By chance do you have your cab files loaded or tried pointing it to the install cd? Maybe 1 last part of the onboard audio? I wish I could be more help, but without being there:confused:

Riptide
10-27-05, 10:50 PM
OMG I'm retarded. :p

I put the asus CD in there and let it search the root - driver found. Me=happy now.

BTW temps look great. PC Probe shows 32c idle w/30c ambient.

Reaper106
10-27-05, 10:51 PM
OMG I'm retarded. :p

I put the asus CD in there and let it search the root - driver found. Me=happy now.

BTW temps look great. PC Probe shows 32c idle w/30c ambient.
Awesome, I am gald you got it sorted out, was it audio or what? :beer:

Riptide
10-27-05, 11:04 PM
No it was some ASUS ACPI thing. Figures.

Reaper106
10-27-05, 11:06 PM
Heh, never fails sometimes, well good job. :)

DiscipleDOC
10-28-05, 11:48 AM
I'm glad you got that worked out...I'm planning on getting that board next week....

Riptide
10-28-05, 12:06 PM
I'm doing some testing and will put up a thread w/a picture or two if things go well. I'm a little worried though - CS:S locked up hard on me last night. Never had that happen before and the only thing that changed is my graphics card/driver and my motherboard. The machine ran two sessions of folding all night long last night without a problem which is a good sign, but still... lockups SUCK.

I did go right back into CS:S and turn off AA entirely. It seemed OK for about an hour after that. I need to test some more today.

Sazar
10-28-05, 12:09 PM
I am gonna wait for another month or two before buying a new gfx/mobo combo.

I am happy with what I have for now :)

Still trying to find out when Dell will introduce their new displays :D