PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 sound volume not working properly on asus a8n sli deluxe

NiksaVel
10-28-05, 06:20 AM
hi,

I have recently purchased a new comp and I have a problem with the surround sound on the asus a8n sli deluxe board.

It's a 8.1 sound, but I set it to 5.1 as I use Zalman's surround headphones (which worked perfectly on my old board btw). The problem is that while I can hear the sound on front, rear and center speakers, the volume for the front speakers is the only one normal (within normal limits while adjusting volume via windows volume control), both rear and center speakers are very quiet.

This of course screws up my surround and I can adjust by turning all volume to the max and minimising (and I mean puting the bar just a bit over 0) the volume of front speakers. I have a normal surround that way but am left with very quiet headphones....

please help

sincerely,
Nikola Ivan Leder

TierMann
10-28-05, 06:33 AM
That's realtek onboard audio I'm guessing? The problem is that the rear and center channels aren't powered on there. I ended up getting the zalman 5.1 usb soundcard to use them. I would have been better off just saving and getting a soundblaster, but I figured this way the whole thing is portable. The headphones work fine with an audigy 2 btw. That's the only card I've tried them on besides the zalman and realtek (650 and 850 which don't work).

Amuro
10-28-05, 06:52 AM
Try use nForce audio.

TierMann
10-28-05, 06:55 AM
Try use nForce audio.
I've tried nForce drivers and realtek, but the bottom line is you can't add an amplifier where there isn't one. If you do happen to get this working let me know which drivers and which audio chipset you have please? I had no luck but maybe there's some trick to getting it to amplify the signal if the hardware is even there for it.

NiksaVel
10-28-05, 09:35 AM
hrmmm... maybe something to do with jumper settings on the board? There are some jumpers put on the pins where you are supposed to connect the front panel audio (I didn't connect it because I have too many wires in the case and I never use frontpanel...)...

anyone?

TierMann
10-28-05, 03:52 PM
Those jumpers are to enable the rear ports. If you remove them it shuts them off and enables the front ports. That's another downside of that chipset. You have to choose between front and rear ports. I havn't figured out a way yet to get them both working, and a lot of people were having the same result so again, if anyone finds a way please let me know.