PDA

View Full Version : A Sad Day 4 me!!! opinions!!!

vert305
10-28-05, 11:34 AM
Ok everyone… here is my dilemma and the cause of it is all my fault. (I will be the first one to say that) I was so excited and happy about just getting and buying a 7800GTX that I was blinded to even check if I have one PCI-E express slot on my Intel motherboard.. I know I know .. (Stupid and childish of me).

Anyway I am here trying to decide what to do at the moment do I sell my 7800GTX (evga) that I got on sale. ( I would turn around and sell it on ebay and probably make a 20$ profit) I got it from Newegg.com (god bless them..lol) …… THEN … go and buy the ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 with a AMD 4800 Dual core…. then after about 2 or 3 months later get the 7800GTX again?

I am thinking about Christmas and wondering if the prices will drop and what would be more worth it to do.

But I got 2 do something.. because I can keep playing my 9800 pro 256mb while I have a 7800GTX looking at me in the face.

Anyway … WHAT WOULD YOU DO

ps.. i have a intel P4 3.0 (it would be a major step up to go with AMD)

ViN86
10-28-05, 12:21 PM
keep the GTX, hold out a little bit for a mobo/cpu. even if you get the a8n-sli deluxe, you will still need a PCIe vid card...

ynnek
10-28-05, 12:27 PM
if you can really make a profit selling your 7800GTX, and don't mind doing the work, then why not sell it? End result will be $20, and the price of these vid cards will always trend downwards over time. So when you are ready to actually use one, just get another one at that time.

nukem
10-28-05, 03:11 PM
I had an ASUS A8V motherboard with an eVGA NVIDIA Geforce FX 5900 Ultra(AGP) and wanted to upgrade to an eVGA NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GT(PCIX). All I did was go out and buy an ASUS A8N SLI-Preimium. I replaced the motherboard and graphics card. I was able to reuse every part of my computer(CPU, memory, harddrive, etc), I didnt even have to reinstall gentoo, just a small kernel reconfig. I would find out your CPU socket type and memory type and try to find a motherboard with PCI-X and just replace the motherboard.

vert305
10-30-05, 06:31 PM
well i think its time to upgrade. i have already put the 7800GTX on ebay buy it now. i could not send it back to newegg b/c they charge a 15% restocking fee.

im going to get rid of my INTEL and go AMD. and just wait till xmas or alittle after to get the 7800 back.

thanks for your replys!