View Full Version : A Sad Day 4 me!!! opinions!!!

10-28-05, 11:34 AM
Ok everyone… here is my dilemma and the cause of it is all my fault. (I will be the first one to say that) I was so excited and happy about just getting and buying a 7800GTX that I was blinded to even check if I have one PCI-E express slot on my Intel motherboard.. I know I know .. (Stupid and childish of me).

Anyway I am here trying to decide what to do at the moment do I sell my 7800GTX (evga) that I got on sale. ( I would turn around and sell it on ebay and probably make a 20$ profit) I got it from Newegg.com (god bless them..lol) …… THEN … go and buy the ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 with a AMD 4800 Dual core…. then after about 2 or 3 months later get the 7800GTX again?

I am thinking about Christmas and wondering if the prices will drop and what would be more worth it to do.

But I got 2 do something.. because I can keep playing my 9800 pro 256mb while I have a 7800GTX looking at me in the face.


ps.. i have a intel P4 3.0 (it would be a major step up to go with AMD)

10-28-05, 12:21 PM
keep the GTX, hold out a little bit for a mobo/cpu. even if you get the a8n-sli deluxe, you will still need a PCIe vid card...

10-28-05, 12:27 PM
if you can really make a profit selling your 7800GTX, and don't mind doing the work, then why not sell it? End result will be $20, and the price of these vid cards will always trend downwards over time. So when you are ready to actually use one, just get another one at that time.

10-28-05, 03:11 PM
I had an ASUS A8V motherboard with an eVGA NVIDIA Geforce FX 5900 Ultra(AGP) and wanted to upgrade to an eVGA NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GT(PCIX). All I did was go out and buy an ASUS A8N SLI-Preimium. I replaced the motherboard and graphics card. I was able to reuse every part of my computer(CPU, memory, harddrive, etc), I didnt even have to reinstall gentoo, just a small kernel reconfig. I would find out your CPU socket type and memory type and try to find a motherboard with PCI-X and just replace the motherboard.

10-30-05, 06:31 PM
well i think its time to upgrade. i have already put the 7800GTX on ebay buy it now. i could not send it back to newegg b/c they charge a 15% restocking fee.

im going to get rid of my INTEL and go AMD. and just wait till xmas or alittle after to get the 7800 back.

thanks for your replys!