PDA

View Full Version : Fear: Dark areas looks blotchy

nippyjun
10-28-05, 12:58 PM
I couldn't get a screenshot of what i'm talking about, but in the dark areas of fear i get a blotchy effect. It goes away when you put the flashlight on.

Anyone else see this.

I'm using a 7800gtx sli setup with the newest whql drivers.

jAkUp
10-28-05, 12:59 PM
Can you grab a screeny? I have not noticed this...

nippyjun
10-28-05, 01:28 PM
I'll try again to get a screen shot. The ones i took before actually looked normal when i viewd them.

Lazaredz
10-28-05, 01:53 PM
More details on your ingame settings would help.

nippyjun
10-28-05, 02:01 PM
More details on your ingame settings would help.

Everything is set to max, 4xaa, 8xaf. Gameplay is smooth

Ninjaman09
10-28-05, 02:05 PM
I have the perfect solution to your problem. First, you will need several ingredients:

1 - Bottle of Windex
2 - Paper towels
3 - Elbow Grease

Spray a bit of Windex on a couple of paper towels, and proceed to use elbow grease to wipe down the screen with the Windex. Once the screen is coated evenly with Windex, turn over the paper towel and dry it off. Inspect for smearing. Removing smearing with additional elbow grease and dry paper towels.

Hope that helps, good luck! :D

nippyjun
10-28-05, 02:16 PM
I have the perfect solution to your problem. First, you will need several ingredients:

1 - Bottle of Windex
2 - Paper towels
3 - Elbow Grease

Spray a bit of Windex on a couple of paper towels, and proceed to use elbow grease to wipe down the screen with the Windex. Once the screen is coated evenly with Windex, turn over the paper towel and dry it off. Inspect for smearing. Removing smearing with additional elbow grease and dry paper towels.

Hope that helps, good luck! :D

I just tried that but now my screen surface is messed up ; )

zoomy942
10-28-05, 02:16 PM

1 - Bottle of Windex
2 - Paper towels
3 - Elbow Grease

ope that helps, good luck! :D

a great wise man..

:):):)

nippyjun
10-28-05, 02:22 PM
I'm actually not at home now so i can't grab another screen shot until tonight.

I'll probably be done w/ the game before i figure out this issue.

NiukNiuk
10-28-05, 03:08 PM
I think he's reffering to this thing:
http://niukniuk.free.fr/fear/final/bug/01.jpg
http://niukniuk.free.fr/fear/final/bug/02.jpg
http://niukniuk.free.fr/fear/final/bug/03.jpg
http://niukniuk.free.fr/fear/final/bug/04.jpg
Okay, my screenshots are too dark :)
But hey, I can only see this "bug" in some dark areas...not in all dark areas, only several ones...
If your raise a little bit your monitor's gamma, you'll see a weird effect on these shadows.
I don't know if it's a driver related issue (I use the 78.11, I play @ 1152x864 all settings max, 2xaa 4xaniso, no soft shadows).

nfhq|matrix
10-29-05, 06:49 PM
ive just completed fear, awesome game, but i did notice weird dark areas too - ati side, so must be in game issue...

ynnek
10-30-05, 12:41 AM
actually, you don't want to use a bottle of windex on most monitors.. could mess up the coating on them.

Usually, in any game, if you have the brightness and/or gamma setup too high, you'll see blotchyness, maybe even some weird colors.. because those dark muted colors weren't suppose to be brightened up and ultra contrasted..

marqmajere
10-30-05, 01:57 AM
You can kind of see it in the third photo, on the floor. The shadows aren't smooth, but show a kind of layered effect. Best way to describe it is a rainbow of shades of black. I began noticing it towards the end of the game.

nippyjun
10-30-05, 08:11 AM
I took more screenshots but the problem doesn't show on the screenshots.