PDA

View Full Version : Dell XPS 600

test4echo
10-28-05, 05:37 PM
Alright, I know the pro's and con's.
I got a great deal and I purchased it through an employee Purchase plan. 20 bucks a week.

Just got it in and I have to say is Holy ****.
I work on Dells ALL day, i'm a Network Admin for a very large school board so I see my share of Dells all day and fix em..etc...
I never liked em much. At all.

So I really had some issues and conflicting feelings about not building my own and going with dell.
I've Always built my own.

I have to say, I'm feckin impressed.

I've heard all sorts of crap from folks about the New gen XPS 600 but this thing Kicks ass and was built very well.
Cables were all tied properly, great air flow, Sturdy case, (feckin heavy as hell) and what else can be said about the 2005FPW. Just beautifull.

My sig has my specs so check em out if you will.
I just wanted to express my surprise that dell was capable of producing something that blew me away.
I never thought it was possible.
I was expecting much less than what I got.

Glad I did it.
For those who can afford it, I think the XPS 600 is purdy damn good for a dell.

PS: Don't flame me, I'm having too much fun to care....hehehe

Test,

zoomy942
10-28-05, 05:50 PM
wow, good on ya for enjoying your dell. i work on the network at my air force base and i see my share of dell servers and pc's die for whatever reason.:)

you got a good one, so enjoy the heck out of her

Sazar
10-28-05, 07:56 PM
One of my buddies at work just got one with an 840 and dual gtx's and a 2405 :cool:

Nice package adn very quiet.

I wish the door was a little sturdier but other than that is pretty nice.

I was checking one out in the demo lab last week with BF2 and its smooth.

Right now though, I am saving my discounts for an X-1 or the new XPS M-140 :cool:

test4echo
10-29-05, 03:51 PM
Hi ya fellas,

Yea its very nice, however I'm having a bitch of a time with the 2005FPW.
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to game in widescreen.
Always issues.
I've read over www.widescreengaming.com but I guess i still don't get it.

Halflife 2 and doom3 supposedly has native widescreen support but it don't work for me.

Rats!!

Sazar your right about Quiet!! I was pretty floored by how silent this thing is.

**EDIT**
I'm embarassed to admit it but, my Resolution issues were caused by the new BETA Nvidia drivers that were posted on the front page.
I went and D/L'ed the latest "approved" drivers and all is well in widescreem gaming land.

DOH!!

Must keep reading:D