PDA

View Full Version : TV basics

Arcrist
10-28-05, 06:38 PM
I have a nvidia plug thing that goes to my video card and hooks up to the 3 rca cables then to my tv.

I only want video, so i hooked up the yellow one to the adapter, then the other end to the yellow output on the tv.

I restart the comp but get no option in the display settings to use two monitors.

Any advice?

im using an asus sli board with two 6600 gt pci's

Arcrist
10-29-05, 07:47 PM
/bump

wrugoin
10-29-05, 11:00 PM
Have you tried going to your NVidia display properties. Selecting the "tools" menu and under troubleshooting, checking the "Force TV Detection" and clicking "Detect Displays"?

I don't have a TV hooked up to mine, but if I was planning it, there's where I'd start.

Kojiro
10-30-05, 04:18 AM
Is not in the main Display setings window. It in the advanced button, select Geforce "your model number here" tab. This is the all to familliar place to force Anti-Aliasing, Antistopic filtering etc in Performance and Quality section. But notice nview. Select that. Now you can enable dual screens. Note: If you want to play games on your TV, you have to set TV as primary, it's gona look funny if you have the Monitor set a primary. ;)

Arcrist
10-30-05, 05:54 AM
I dont have Nview in my list there. Do i have to download that from nvidia then?

And I did force tv detection.

TierMann
10-30-05, 06:31 AM
It should atleast give you a windows boot screen. Make sure your tv is turned on when you boot up and on the correct channel, like AV-1.

Monitor settings are all in the normal nvidia control panel. Look at the list on the left and the first option should say "Nview Display Settings". You can choose dual-view, clone, or single display from there and also switch between the monitor or the tv as the primary dispaly.

I have a few more options because I have coolbits enabled, but the nView Display Settings are always there.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=14142&d=1130672352

From what you said you were allready in there though :) You said you had no option for a second monitor but having the right channel might fix that.

Arcrist
10-30-05, 07:27 AM
Maybe i just dont have it hooked up right, i just hook up the yellow rca to the adapter, then the other side yellow to the av out on the tv. is that all i need for video?

TierMann
10-30-05, 07:33 AM
Maybe i just dont have it hooked up right, i just hook up the yellow rca to the adapter, then the other side yellow to the av out on the tv. is that all i need for video?

You need to hook the yellow cable from the video card OUTput to your TV's INput.

I'm not yelling by the way, just highlighting the words :).

Arcrist
10-30-05, 07:43 AM
kk trying it, going to reboot

Arcrist
10-30-05, 07:45 AM
During that reboot i got the same thing on tv and monitor, but when i fully booted, the tv goes black and i have no option in my settings to use two displays....

TierMann
10-30-05, 07:57 AM
Dualview or Clone isn't on the list next to "nView Display Mode"?
We're getting closer now though :)

Arcrist
10-30-05, 08:01 AM
Nope i got my card name, then screen adjustment then display mode timing.

Does it have anything to do with me using 2 cards? my tv is hooked up to the same video card as my monitor, the other card is just sittin by itself.

TierMann
10-30-05, 08:04 AM
Ahh.. here's a question for you too. Are you in SLI mode or single card mode?
You'll need to be in single mode. For some reason I totally missed that you were running an SLI setup.
You don't actually have to take the other card out, just switch in the control panel and reboot.
From then on you should just have to hook the tv up (or turn it on), turn sli off and reboot.
With newer drivers though you don't even have to reboot to turn off sli, but I hear that's still buggy.

Arcrist
10-30-05, 08:08 AM
I am using two cards, so ill disable sli and see what happens.

TierMann
10-30-05, 08:13 AM
Right now only one display at a time is supported in SLI mode so you have to choose between tv or monitor, or turn off SLI to have both at the same time.
This is supposed to change though eventually when the drivers support it. Hopefully we'll see that soon :)

Arcrist
10-30-05, 08:14 AM
I get all the options now but the tv is still black no matter how i set it up.

TierMann
10-30-05, 08:17 AM
So you got a windows boot screen this time and have all the options for Clone and Dualview? Give "Clone" a try and hit apply. If that still doesn't work then I'm out of ideas :(.

Arcrist
10-30-05, 08:21 AM
Chose clone then reboot, still nothing when im fully booted. this is stupid, why is it so complicated.

TierMann
10-30-05, 08:26 AM
Sorry you're having so much trouble with it.
Hopefully someone else here will have an idea of what's going on from this point.
I tried my best, but I've never had the same problem myself.

I need to get some sleep.
Good luck to you with this. I hope you get it working and it's an easy switch back and forth after all this.

Arcrist
10-30-05, 08:28 AM
i give up, it seems the big problems always happen to me for some reason. :(