PDA

View Full Version : Keepin' my comp cool...

LORD-eX-Bu
01-03-03, 03:09 PM
Hey, check this out! Just added two more fans, eh, but only for HD, looks dope, I gotta post pics later. My comp is runnin' nice and cool lately, too bad my mobo doesn't like to overclock :(
http://www.johnajohn.netfirms.com/images/misc/cool.jpg
:afro:

Smokey
01-03-03, 05:28 PM
Sorry there mate, Im alittle lost o_O
Is that you system temps or the HD? Im using motherboard monitor for my temps, does anyone know if that is accurate? My temps seem to be much lower on MBM than when I use Fuzzy Logic from MSI. This is from my new case I got from Christams, which has 2 case fans.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-03-03, 05:42 PM
thats my system temp and cpu temp, well actually, have no idea if that is accurate, cuz thats the stock sensors that came with mobo and case. All I know is that the side window fan just blows out cool air. Just got a crap oc'ing mobo tho.:D

Smokey
01-03-03, 06:15 PM
K I thought thats what it was, the 1degree more on the cpu is what threw me off lol

demonized
01-04-03, 07:02 AM
damn, how were u able to get below 30's temps. I have a volcano 7 and the best it could do when running at full speed is 44 C. Im still using the three fans that came with my antec1080 case. Those are awesome temps. How loud is it? tell me ur secret;)

-edit-- heh, i forgot ur using a P4.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-04-03, 02:05 PM
well, thats just idle speed, and the Volcano 7+ is only running the lowest slowest setting. My computer just likes to do that I guess.:D

fastguy94416
01-04-03, 02:09 PM
maybe it's because your 3.3v rail is 0.5 volts off!

LORD-eX-Bu
01-04-03, 02:14 PM
nah thats just the program.;) :D

fastguy94416
01-04-03, 02:19 PM
alright, i would get nervous when my psu was 15% off

Smokey
01-05-03, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by demonized
damn, how were u able to get below 30's temps. I have a volcano 7 and the best it could do when running at full speed is 44 C. Im still using the three fans that came with my antec1080 case. Those are awesome temps. How loud is it? tell me ur secret;)

I just thought I would add something here, because my temps were very good tonight. The reason...my flat is freezing tonight, our heater here doesnt work.

Not bad temps after 5hrs of SpearHead, keep in mind this is a 300MHz overclock on air cooling :afro:

LORD-eX-Bu
01-06-03, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
K I thought thats what it was, the 1degree more on the cpu is what threw me off lol

That is the system temp. The cpu temp is the one with the check mark ;)

Jan Kivar
01-07-03, 12:02 AM
[eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu, do You have your computer in a freezer? Heck, my computer (see sig) is running 25/25 (CPU/Case) when using vCool. It's only 17 degrees Celsius in my room. Note though that my motherboard does not read the CPU temp from the XP's internal diode, but inside the socket. So the actual temp is higher.

Your should reading the internal diode, as You have a P4... I'd want one of them too...

Cheers,

Jan