PDA

View Full Version : The Mouse Ultimatum

keith33
10-28-05, 08:03 PM
Well some of you may have seen my post about the Razer store not sending my Copperhead so I resorted to cancelling the order. The next day I saw the G5 at a local mom n' pop computer shop so I instantly picked it up. Right now I just have to say that it SUCKS.

I upgraded from my old Razer Diamondback Plasma (gave it to my best friend who is now owning n00bs with it in FEAR) and this doesn't feel like an upgrade. The mouse glides better on the desk, it looks cool, is really smooth, but I can't get my game back with this thing. It hurts to play fps games for a few hours and my scores aren't anywhere near what they used to be in Source, Q4, FEAR, or UT2004. I don't know what to do. I'm a student so I don't have a lot of money either but this truly sucks. Should I give it a few weeks to adjust to new shape or just sell it fast before its officially "used" and get back in the waiting list for a Copperhead (mouse-less of course :().

Help would be appreciated, I was just playing some FEAR and my hand hurts like a bitch.

Lazaredz
10-28-05, 08:08 PM
Looking at your system, I have trouble buying the "starving student" bit, but I digress ;)

Well, with ANY new mouse, there is gonna be a learning curve that includes sore wrists. My FIRST suggestion would be see if your friend wants to trade your NEW mouse for the OLD one you gave him. If not, then I suggest you return the G5, buy a $2 replacement while you wait for your Copperhead again.

But thats just me.

Rytr
10-28-05, 08:12 PM
I agree with your avatar look-alike. :D

muaddib
10-28-05, 08:28 PM
Seriously, what mouse has won the G5 vs. Cooperhead battle?
I want to sell my MX518 and get either of those.
I have been a loyal Logitech buyer for years now, a Razer mouse with a different shape and good community would be a refreshing change.

jAkUp
10-28-05, 08:52 PM
Check out my comparision between the two here:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=13837&d=1129234055

Its in word format.

einstein_314
10-28-05, 09:33 PM
wow, I was confused for a sec. I thought keith replied to his own post. Lol, crazy avatar look alikes. But yeah, I agree with your avatar look alike as well.