PDA

View Full Version : TV-Out and VCR's...

RAY16
10-29-05, 06:29 AM
Don't know anything about TV-Out, so this may be a stupid question. My TV is kind of old and only supports Coaxial input, but I have a VCR the proper input jack. Problem is, I've read that you have to have the computer hooked directly into the TV for it to detect the signal. I'd rather not spend money on a cable just to find out it won't work, so my question is if there is any chance of it working even though I have to connect through my VCR? If there's a small chance of it working I suppose I'll take the risk, but I'd like to know if there's no chance so I can avoid buying a useless cable.

sharangad
10-29-05, 08:03 AM
It should work with a VCR, or at least I've got it working. However, you won't be able to watch DVDs through that, as the VCR will react to the Macrovision encoding on most commercial DVDs.

RAY16
10-29-05, 08:12 AM
I wasn't planning on watching DVD's through it, I mostly want TV-Out for emulation purposes. Thanks for the info, though. I guess I'll give it a shot and hope it works, if it doesn't I'll just try and return the cable.