PDA

View Full Version : is antifreeze conductive? quick response appreciated

bugmage
10-30-05, 09:34 AM
every ones always fighting over the conductivity of water, so im wondering is antifreeze nonconducive, because if you have the pure nonconductive water, what would it matter if your antifreeze was conductive

if youve read a few of my other posts, i use mct40 and had a growth problem, so want to stick some antifreeze in there. but i dotn want to ruin the whole nonconductive thing.

and if it is conductive, what sterilizing agent can i add thats nonconductive???

dishsoap lol?

mx125race
10-30-05, 01:12 PM
windshield wiper fluid works..i think that antifreeze (only a bit) works good too

BrianG
10-30-05, 03:36 PM
I am still trying to figure out why water coolers don't use distilled water and Water Wetter from Redline. Google it.

dn3dgamer
11-01-05, 05:23 PM
Usually if you have a growth problem you would want to cycle your system with some mouthwash like listerine. That will get rid of the growth. After that just bleed the system with distilled water to take off some of the listerine. After all that then finally make your mixture for coolant. Usually the safest is too use 15%-20% antifreeze and distilled water.

Here's a good link about mixtures for watercooling:
http://www.overclockers.com/tips1153/index.asp

bugmage
11-01-05, 06:09 PM
i guess im just going to leave the mct40 in there and the antifreeze i put in and hopefully the growth will slowly go away and ill flush it in a few monthes