PDA

View Full Version : Condemned 18min gameplay movie!

Ruined
10-31-05, 10:13 AM
Check this out, looks pretty scary!
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1852_en.html

Apparently will be out at or near launch... Amazing how awesome it looks now compared to E3.

karkrash81
11-01-05, 07:54 AM
Go Monolith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're on a roll...

|MaguS|
11-01-05, 09:10 AM
The game looks awsome and I would be picking it up if I wasn't waiting till Gears of War, by then the PS3 will be almost out and I will just get it for the PS3 then.

I was amazed at how well it looked at E3, Monolith are just such an awsome group of people.

PeterJensen
11-01-05, 11:32 AM
That game looks ****ing spookey.

muaddib
11-01-05, 03:09 PM
Monolith is hot these days. Way to go.

karkrash81
11-02-05, 09:59 AM
If you haven't visited the official website I suggest you do so.

http://condemnedgame.com/flash.php

The trailers are spectacular, especially if you can find the high res versions.

Hopefully it won't take too long to come to the PC? I've heard it's coming out for the PC, but no release date.

Nv40
11-02-05, 03:01 PM
Insnt MOnolith the same guys who developed ALienvsPRedator games ,and F.E.A.R ? :confused:

The game kick ass... it shows that innovations and extremely fun gameplay can be possible when they are done right by talented developers. the melee combat in this game shows that you dont need a shotgun or a rocket launcher to make a kick ass game. :)

|MaguS|
11-02-05, 03:06 PM
Insnt MOnolith the same guys who developed ALienvsPRedator games ,and F.E.A.R ? :confused:

NOLF and Shogo aswell!

Monolith is probably one of the best Developers of the current generation.

karkrash81
11-02-05, 03:45 PM
With FEAR done, and Condemned done around the corner we should be getting some sort of hints about what game(s) monolith is working on next.

please be NOLF 3!!

Edge
11-02-05, 05:34 PM
I'm surprised Monolith worked on this game and F.E.A.R. simultaniously. I take it they both use the same engine? If so, it looks like it was put to much better use in Condemned, most of F.E.A.R.'s environments were a lot more bland.

Skinner
11-02-05, 05:35 PM
I want this game badly...

karkrash81
11-03-05, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Edge:
I'm surprised Monolith worked on this game and F.E.A.R. simultaniously. I take it they both use the same engine? If so, it looks like it was put to much better use in Condemned, most of F.E.A.R.'s environments were a lot more bland.

Yeah I agree. My guess would be that FEAR was the "guinea pig" for the new tech and Condemned is showing a better understanding or knowledge of the toolset.

|MaguS|
11-03-05, 07:20 AM
Also could be that since the x360 is a closed platform they didn't have to worry about different system specs. Remeber PC games always have to have a low, mid and high system specs in mind, consoles only have one.

Seeing how nextgen consoles are up to or suprassing current gen PC hardware they probably have push alot more graphics then they can on the PC while keep the game on the pc playable on a veriaty of hardware.

Ruined
11-03-05, 07:52 AM
BTW this is now gold and confirmed for release on 11/22

karkrash81
11-03-05, 10:52 AM
Gold...cool!

Originally posted by |MaguS|
Also could be that since the x360 is a closed platform they didn't have to worry about different system specs. Remeber PC games always have to have a low, mid and high system specs in mind, consoles only have one.

Seeing how nextgen consoles are up to or suprassing current gen PC hardware they probably have push alot more graphics then they can on the PC while keep the game on the pc playable on a veriaty of hardware.

very true...this will be quite a change getting pc ports of console titles that might look worse! hopefully, if microsoft's development cycle is as PC/XBOX360 friendly as we are led to believe, I hope Condemned is one of the first ports!

|MaguS|
11-03-05, 11:11 AM
Yeah but the PC looks far off...

PeterJensen
11-03-05, 11:30 AM
Somebody needs to hold me tight when i play this game :)