PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quake 4 weapon ?

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
10-31-05, 09:56 AM
& Here comes the classic question :D

although i think the Dark Matter gun is freakin' awesome , i still prefer the Rail gun .. too bad you have to reload every 3 shots though :p

CaptNKILL
10-31-05, 10:12 AM
Heh, shotgun by far... the railgun always seemed like it shot right through people without doing any damage. If it was more like the Q2 railgun then it would get my vote.

SH64
10-31-05, 10:19 AM
the railgun always seemed like it shot right through people without doing any damage

Which reminds me .. the electric gun somehow feels light & dull IMO .. it didnt give me any feeling of the electric shock when shooting :thumbdwn:

stncttr908
10-31-05, 10:28 AM
I own with the railgun and shotgun.

Rakeesh
10-31-05, 11:42 AM
I would say definitely the rocket launcher.

Bad_Boy
10-31-05, 12:01 PM
shotgun and nade launcher

Tygerwoody
10-31-05, 12:34 PM
is the rocket launcher anything like the Q3 rocket launcher? sorry i still haven't bought the game.... i need to though!

Nv40
10-31-05, 11:16 PM
is the rocket launcher anything like the Q3 rocket launcher? sorry i still haven't bought the game.... i need to though!

Not even a mile close :(
Is at the top of my list on the worst weapons ever made for a game . the rockets are sooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwww. that if you could run a little bit faster ,you could easily escape any rockets by just running away from them in straight line without much problem. :p Rockets jump seems retarded too , its simply not possible to be as efficient with rockets as you were in quake2 or quake3. and dont know if it was me , but speed jump isnt there either something very cool in quake2 :(

the nade grenades are as crappy and overbouncing as the quake3 . all other weapons are Ok , NailGun and the electric gun are nice however.. the most coolest looking visually speaking is the darkmatter gun.

jAkUp
10-31-05, 11:18 PM
The shotty! :)

Rakeesh
10-31-05, 11:19 PM
Not even a mile close :(
Is at the top of my list on the worst weapons ever made for a game . the rockets are sooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwww. that if you could run a little bit faster ,you could easily escape any rockets by just running away from them in straight line without much problem. :p

A rocket launcher isn't a long range weapon. You have to know how to use it.

Assassin
10-31-05, 11:23 PM
I liked the HyperBlaster. Good when shooting enemies in groups and there is plenty of ammo for it.

GlowStick
11-01-05, 10:44 AM
Nailgun/ Shotgun for me. Best shotgun since q1 however q1's is still the best :)

CaptNKILL
11-01-05, 11:05 AM
I wish the nailgun would have had the sound of the original super-nailgun from Quake... that really loud POOMPOOMPOOMPOOMPOOM was freaking awesome :)

I miss the super-shotgun too... though I guess the normal one in Q4 was plenty powerful enough.

DaveW
11-01-05, 01:04 PM
I like the machine gun you start off with. I like to zoom in and single-shot with it. Its got a flashlight too :)

OWA
11-01-05, 03:23 PM
I think I voted railgun but the more I use the electric gun, the more I like it (mainly because I like the sound of thunder it generates). I haven't tried all of them yet though.

Superfly
11-01-05, 03:26 PM
shotgun!!! then rockets

Gnu_Raiz
11-02-05, 11:07 AM
:rolleyes: What no pistol, the default weapon of choice, I use the pistol to kill most of the zombies. You have to kill them with at least 5 shots, but hey the ammo is free, after the zombie levels I had full ammo on most of my weapons.

:cool: Other than that I find my self using the nad launcher a lot, like when I open up a new area I lob a few nads in their, or down elevator shafts. This works well as everything is trip wired, just run into the room, then run out, leave a few nads on the way, you can clear a lot of rooms like that.

:D I find myself using the rail gun, or the shot gun, the nail gun with the scope is cool to find enemies, if they are hiding I use the rail gun I like to snipe with it, if I can find the enemies. Using the pistol in this roll is cool too.

:angel: The machine gun is useful in the single player mode, but useless in multi player mode, yes you can kill stuff with it, but in multi, it is more and more who gets the best weapon gets the most kills. Yea skill is useful and needed but if you run into a guy with just the machine gun, and he has the lighting gun you will probably die, even if you try to run.

Gnu_Raiz

Slybri
11-02-05, 05:28 PM
I miss the pistol from Quake 2. I loved how it looked and the way that it fired, like shooting bottle-rockets across the room. I hate the new pistol, with its lil blue squirts like a water gun.

I havent finished the game yet (too much WoW) but I dig the grenade launcher. Was always my favorite quake wep.

CaptNKILL
11-02-05, 05:35 PM
I miss the pistol from Quake 2. I loved how it looked and the way that it fired, like shooting bottle-rockets across the room. I hate the new pistol, with its lil blue squirts like a water gun.

I agree. The blasters should deffinitely have been more like the old ones, where they are yellow "energy bullets" with trails of sparks. That would look freaking awesome with modern graphics. Especially if the sparks fell and bounced realistically...

:drooling:

We really need a "Quake 2 reborn" mod for Quake 4... Quake 1 reborn would be sweet too.... and Doom.

:drooling:

SH64
11-02-05, 07:56 PM
:rolleyes: What no pistol, the default weapon of choice, I use the pistol to kill most of the zombies. You have to kill them with at least 5 shots, but hey the ammo is free, after the zombie levels I had full ammo on most of my weapons.

I didnt really thought someone would choose the blaster as his fav weapon :wtf:

Gnu_Raiz
11-03-05, 02:12 PM
:eek: It's my favorite for killing zombies, anyway I was making a point to not having it in the poll.

Gnu_Raiz

ynnek
11-03-05, 03:00 PM
:angel: The machine gun is useful in the single player mode, but useless in multi player mode, yes you can kill stuff with it, but in multi, it is more and more who gets the best weapon gets the most kills. Yea skill is useful and needed but if you run into a guy with just the machine gun, and he has the lighting gun you will probably die, even if you try to run.

Yup.. thats actually the point of deathmatch.. Item and area control, and placement.. In other words, that dirty word, camping... Although there is a difference between smart camping and dumb camping. Once you got that nailed down, you got a pretty unfair advantage... until in play against people that also understand this concept.. Then its back to skill again.. You know when you are on top of everyone in DM when it just feels like you are just doing housecleaning, leaping around, picking things up off the ground.. and you just so happen to be fragging people along the way...

My favorite gun, in multiplayer, is the rail gun.. I'm not the best at it, but its so satisfying to use... sometimes its hard to make myself switch over to another more effective weapon for a particular scenario.. Heh, this one time in arena CTF, I had to rail this one guy 4? or 5? times in a row before he died.. He had that regen, full armor and health, and kept picking up stuff while I chased after him.. Never saw so many of those little rail icon things in front of me.. lol

zampe
11-06-05, 07:33 AM
maybe for the purpose of the nearest key(3) to "W" that is Shootgun :))
…Until is empty in high-pressure crisis situations
after single loading… pumping…. mostly miss his traget, and that throw you into a light panic.

OWA
11-06-05, 11:22 AM
I already voted but if I could change my vote, it would be for the DarkMatter gun.

HiT
11-16-05, 01:05 PM
Plasma Gun - oh sorry 'Hyper Blaster' - gets my vote. Its even better than the q3 version.