PDA

View Full Version : Is this pre-rendered or rendered?

Zelda_fan
10-31-05, 07:17 PM
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.html

Click on the Direct Feed TGS Trailer

Is this realtime? Becasue if so, it's pretty good, but I know Sony has been pre-rendering their game demos as of late.

Subtestube
10-31-05, 07:21 PM
That was realtime as I recall. There were a whole heap of threads discussing it at the time... Here is one of them.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56635&highlight=MGS4

For more, just search for MGS4.

Mr. Hunt
10-31-05, 08:21 PM
Yeah.. get with the times jonk ;).

Kojima doesn't do prerendered... so I trust that it is all realtime with PS3 specs because he said so.. and he doesn't lie (just sort of... tricks you sometimes with trailers ;)).

|MaguS|
10-31-05, 08:33 PM
considering he stopped it in mid play and showed it was in real-time says more then enough.

slick
10-31-05, 10:07 PM
Yes it was real-time, though it was a scripted movie. In other words, everything was being rendered right there and then, that wasn't pre-recorded, but the movie itself, animations and the whole bit, were layed out ahead of time. It'll look that good, even better when they optimize it, though the animations won't be that insanely good.

de><ta
10-31-05, 10:26 PM
The direct feed tgs vid looks pre-rendered. Where does he stop the vid or change the camer views etc.?

Mr. Hunt
10-31-05, 10:33 PM
The direct feed tgs vid looks pre-rendered. Where does he stop the vid or change the camer views etc.?

Well he did it on like the second day of TGS... it might be in the previous thread... I think I might have been the one that posted the link too, so I guess try there.

Vagrant Zero
11-01-05, 12:28 AM
Yes it was real-time, though it was a scripted movie. In other words, everything was being rendered right there and then, that wasn't pre-recorded, but the movie itself, animations and the whole bit, were layed out ahead of time. It'll look that good, even better when they optimize it, though the animations won't be that insanely good.

I take it you've never played a MGS game then?

The animations WILL look that good. They did before, they'll do so again. That's the Kojima magic at work [and oogles of money].

marqmajere
11-01-05, 01:12 AM
:eek: Good gravy! I may reconsider buying a PS3 now.

DoomUK
11-01-05, 04:48 AM
That does look damn impressive, if that's in real-time, scripted or not it makes no difference. Although I only saw the QT feed at low resolution, I'd like to see the thing running at HD-quality before I literally fall off my chair...

Knot3D
11-01-05, 06:03 AM
It'll look that good, even better when they optimize it, though the animations won't be that insanely good.

Kojima always uses mocap for the MGS games. They use that high tech studio from a company named ROBOT, i believe.

Anyway, I hope movement and moves in MGS4 will be totally new in MGS4.

Mr. Hunt
11-01-05, 02:53 PM
Kojima always uses mocap for the MGS games. They use that high tech studio from a company named ROBOT, i believe.

Anyway, I hope movement and moves in MGS4 will be totally new in MGS4.

ROBOT is amazing... they did the stuff for Onimusha 3... and that intro is so freaking awesome ;).

|MaguS|
11-01-05, 08:04 PM
Direct Feed video's are now available! No more cam movies! Just downloaded the one from Gamespot 640x480 coming in at 230MBs!

EDIT: I still can't believe that the otacon video on the little robot is actually a full 3d render in realtime aswell...