PDA

View Full Version : BF2 Hardlock on login

photophreak314
11-01-05, 07:01 PM
OK... after I click "select account", BF2 hangs on the "Connecting to Account Server" screen. After this it SHOULD go to the BFHQ, where you can change options, select single player, multiplayer, etc, but it never does.

I've tried the latest patch, fresh install, any ideas?:confused:

It works the first time after the install, but any other times it just freezes.

Thanks.

hoop
11-01-05, 07:31 PM
check to see if its on a auto play(were it takes u automaticly to a server)

rudedog
11-02-05, 08:07 AM
I had almost the same problem

I found secuROM being run in the back ground. If it's running go into services and disable it from starting.

That fixed my BF2 locking up upon startup.

I think it got installed with one of the demos I tried.

Good luck

Amuro
11-02-05, 08:16 AM
It could be that the account server is down.

wnd
11-02-05, 01:38 PM
It could be that the account server is down.

Sounds reasonable. Seems that BF2 UI was not tested in real environment where connections fair and one experiences lag. If account server is down, BF2 tries to connect for ages, possible never timing out. If you select a server from the list, BF2 tries to download the banner and update server info: if the server is down or just slow, UI (apart from the mouse) is totally frozen for the next decade.

photophreak314
11-02-05, 08:23 PM
No go on the secuROM thing. As for the account server going down, it shouldn't be even connecting to an online server, as it's just my profile that i'm selecting.

wnd
11-02-05, 08:27 PM
As for the account server going down, it shouldn't be even connecting to an online server, as it's just my profile that i'm selecting.

Then why the following?

after I click "select account", BF2 hangs on the "Connecting to Account Server" screen.

photophreak314
11-02-05, 08:32 PM
OK, here are pictures of what is supposed to happen, in order. Notice the "connecting to account server" in the second pic. The second pic is where it hangs.

Amuro
11-02-05, 08:36 PM
Try an offline profile and see if it still hangs.

wnd
11-02-05, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure if an offline profile will help if the server is down. I wouldn't be surprised if the game asks the server to authenticate the CD-key when you pick a profile. Quake 4 checkes the CD-key every time you start it.

Amuro, if you take a look at the second attachement (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=14204&d=1130981512) you'll notice he's already using offline account.

Amuro
11-02-05, 08:44 PM
It will. I tried it before during server down time.

photophreak314
11-02-05, 08:52 PM
OK, the issue seems to be slowly resolving itself. It works the first time BF2 is run, but if I quit, and try again, it locks up. I haven't changed anything, and now it is just deciding to sort of work. But still... i would like to be able to start a program more than once without having to reboot the computer.

WrathX
01-23-06, 01:01 AM
Not sure if anyone ever figured the answer out for this, but I found that this happened to me as well. I found a method that corrects this, but it makes no sense, and it may not work for others.

When BF2 installs, it adds two desktop icons: one that says "Battlefield 2" and one that says "Play BF2 Online Now!". The difference between the two, is the one that says "Play Online" has an extra switch on the shortcut, labelled "+playNow 1". I found that any time I used this one shortcut, I'd always fail to connect; whereas if I used the other shortcut, it would work fine, and connect all the time.

So if you changed your shortcuts around, re-add a shortcut that says the following:

"<your path to BF2 Directory>\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

I hope this helps someone other than myself! :D

photophreak314
01-23-06, 01:35 AM
Actually, the new patch, 1.2 I think, seems to have fixed all my BF2 woes.