5. QUAKE 4 Special Ed. - Activision
6. The Sims 2 Nightlife - Electronic Arts
7. World of Warcraft - Blizzard
8. Black & White 2 - Electronic Arts
9. Battlefield 2 - Electronic Arts
10. The Sims 2 - Electronic Arts

CaptNKILL
11-01-05, 07:16 PM
Man... I work for a PC Repair shop and Id love to know where all the PCs are that can play those games. I see maybe one computer every 2 months that would be able to run any of those top 5 games. I know most people bring them to us because they dont know how to work on them, but still... youd think with cutting edge games selling well I would see a reasonable amount computers capable of running them :p

jAkUp
11-01-05, 07:22 PM
The majority of people who have kickass PC's know how to work on them...

And if they buy a new Alienware, or a Dell XPS they have warranties. The majority of PC's you get are old, out of warranty machines with people who don't know that much about PC's... Thats the way it was when I worked at a store also :)

john19055
11-01-05, 07:23 PM
Most people that play them games are gamers and therfore do there own work on thier PC's and the people that can't fix their PC's are not gamers and know nothing about them so you would think there PC's would not be up to par for playing such a demanding game.

nutcrackr
11-01-05, 07:48 PM
In Australia for the week ending 23rd Oct Quake 4 and FEAR were placed 3rd and 4th respectively in best selling games on all platforms, don't see that too often sadly. In New Zealand they were 1st and 2nd ;)

macatak
11-01-05, 08:37 PM
"The Sims 2" i don't think i've seen that out of the Top Ten since it came out

PikachuMan
11-02-05, 01:10 AM
Blizzard titles always seem to be on that list as well.

rudedog
11-02-05, 07:03 AM
Funny thing is, Q4 can't even make it into the top 15 online stats from gamespy. link (http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/)

I usually post the weekly or biweekly stats to see how the games we support are doing (FPSadmin.com)

Oct 31st Q4 was 17
Today Nov 2nd it's not even on the list

I have the collectors edition but have not installed it yet.

Tygerwoody
11-02-05, 08:40 AM
"top 10 most returned games of all time" would probably have AoE3 topping the list as well

Gnu_Raiz
11-02-05, 11:18 AM
Funny thing is, Q4 can't even make it into the top 15 online stats from gamespy. link (http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/)

Oct 31st Q4 was 17
Today Nov 2nd it's not even on the list

I have the collectors edition but have not installed it yet.

Wow that is telling, I guess the single player game has most of the attention. Or is everyone playing bf2 instead of Q4?

I guess fps multiplayer is not as popular as the other games types, I like ut2004 TDM but in Q4 it kinda sucks, as some of the maps are so big for just 8 people. All I do is run around trying to kill something, most of the time I have three or four team guys right behind me.

Oh well guess we have to wait for q4 to pick up a bit.

Gnu_Raiz

nVestor
11-02-05, 12:16 PM
Wow that is telling, I guess the single player game has most of the attention. Or is everyone playing bf2 instead of Q4?

I guess fps multiplayer is not as popular as the other games types, I like ut2004 TDM but in Q4 it kinda sucks, as some of the maps are so big for just 8 people. All I do is run around trying to kill something, most of the time I have three or four team guys right behind me.

Oh well guess we have to wait for q4 to pick up a bit.

Gnu_Raiz
That's my excuse... lol.:D I've been playing single player and haven't tried the multiplayer yet. I got the Special Edition version too. My son was inspired by the commentary cause he wants to be a game designer.

Currently playing Quake4, Doom3 and BF2 with an occasional BFV.:cool:

karkrash81
11-02-05, 02:50 PM
I wish they would post sales numbers with these lists because it is otherwise vague. What's the gap between 1 and 2?

It's like when 50 cent releases and album that sells a million and someone else releases an album the same time that comes in 2nd with 150,000 copies. You will hear people say "so and so album's debuted at number 2 so they must be good" but that doesn't mean jack when number 1 sells 1,200,000 or whatever....

jAkUp
11-02-05, 02:56 PM
I heard that Fear actually made alot more money than quake4... probably because the extra cost of the collectors ed.

karkrash81
11-02-05, 03:09 PM
That's a good point jakup, but also begs the question

Should sales numbers be reported in Dollars (like the movie industry) or in units sold (like the music industry)?

OWA
11-02-05, 03:14 PM
How much was the special edition of FEAR vs the special edition of Quake 4? I thought they were similar but I didn't really pay attention to the price when I bought them. They were both over $50 though.

nVestor
11-02-05, 03:28 PM
That's a good point jakup, but also begs the question

Should sales numbers be reported in Dollars (like the movie industry) or in units sold (like the music industry)?
I would hope for units sold.:( I paid $59.99 for Quake4 Special Edition DVD cause I was impatient and didn't use my EB Games card. If F.E.A.R. was $58.99 and they both sold 1 million units, F.E.A.R. would have made $1 million less in sales.:(

I'm sure there are ways to inflate that too though...

CaptNKILL
11-02-05, 04:50 PM
Heh, it depends where you buy stuff. I bought Quake 4 Collectors Edition for $35 from GoGamer, got FEAR in the same order for $29. The total was roughly $66 shipped for 2 brand new games, one of them the collectors DVD edition. Cant beat that ;)

Girn
11-02-05, 08:23 PM
I would hope for units sold.:( I paid $59.99 for Quake4 Special Edition DVD cause I was impatient and didn't use my EB Games card. If F.E.A.R. was $58.99 and they both sold 1 million units, F.E.A.R. would have made $1 million less in sales.:(

I'm sure there are ways to inflate that too though...

duh, thats all markup the game manufacturers sell the copies to business at a fixed price.

SH64
11-02-05, 08:35 PM
Its always good to see The Sims falling behind :p

nVestor
11-02-05, 08:55 PM
duh, thats all markup the game manufacturers sell the copies to business at a fixed price.
Wow, thanks. I'm impressed...:rolleyes: