PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4 on PS2 ?

BioHazZarD
11-03-05, 05:14 AM
Anyone bought it yet ? cause i never played it on the gamecube and after reading some reviews it looks solid and not that bad for the old PS2.

ATI_Dude
11-03-05, 05:23 AM
Anyone bought it yet ? cause i never played it on the gamecube and after reading some reviews it looks solid and not that bad for the old PS2.

I only recommed buying the PS2 version if you don't already own a Gamecube. The Gamecube version looks better, run at a higher framerate and controls better. The only real advantages the PS2 version have are a true widescreen mode plus some extra costumes and a new weapon.

|MaguS|
11-03-05, 05:35 AM
Don't forget that the PS2 version also has a whole new game in it where you control Ada Wong, unlike the little mission in the GameCube version this one is alot longer and more story oriented.

Oh and the overall layout of the original story is also different, many rooms and areas have been changed to fool people who played the Gamecube version. Graphics wise it is lower then the gamecube but not by a huge margain. Screenshots don't do it justice, the game looks really good and plays smoothly most of the time.

As for controls, I will never say any game on the Gamecube controls better then another consoles version. Mainly because I dispise the Gamecubes controller, its horrible.

Over all, if you haven't purchased the GC version then its a must buy. A great game, even if you own the original its worth a look. There are enough changes to make it feel refreshing.

I plan on picking it up next week since today I spent my allotted budget for this week.

DJMONDY
11-03-05, 05:54 AM
Im tempted to pick this game up today. Ive never played the gamecube version myself so i wouldnt have anything to compare it with:)

Lfctony
11-03-05, 06:17 AM
It's an excellent game, I got it from EBgames with $30 shipping along with COD2. :) Missed the old RE games and I'm enjopying it very much, I'm only 1 hour into the game though. It's quite big I heard, around 20-25 hours. Goody goody! :D