PDA

View Full Version : F\S: AMD 4000+, 7800GTX Gaming system

PaiN
11-03-05, 08:49 AM
The time has come to sell this super fast and rock solid system. I am selling as a complete system *no separating* It will arrive ready to install an OS and go.
specs:
-AMD A64 4000+(retail)
-Epox EP-9NPA+Ultra(nf4 Ultra)-latest bios
-2gb (2x 1gb) OCZ Platinum PC3200 cas2 2-3-5 T1
-MSI NX7800GTX VT2D256E PCI-e (7800GTX)
-CL Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Music
-WD 36gb 10k rpm Raptor (on SATA 1) *boot HD
-(2)Seagate Barracuda(s) 250gb each, 7200.8(on SATA 3/4) RAID-0
-NEC 2500a 8x DVD-RW (IDE2 M)
-Lite-On 32x CD-RW (IDE2 S)
-Mitsumi 1.44mb FD
-Aerocool Turbine 550w ATX 12v 2.01 PSU
-Antec Super LANBoy Aluminum mid-tower case w/strapes
-Logitch Z680 5.1 speaker system
-Saitek Eclipse(blue) gaming keyboard
-Logitech G5 gaming mouse (weights incl) \ X-Trac HSPro surface
-Saitek Cyborg EVO joystick
-Koolance EXOS liquid cooling system(CPU \ VID) incl. CPU-300-V10 and VID NV2-L06 blocks(installed, AS5 interface\filled)
-Antec Cobra UV IDE & floppy cabling
-(3) 12cm(quiet) case fans
The setup is cleanly wired, dust free and has "lite" blue lighting, all components are in excellent condition(many are extremely new ;) ) all required disks, manuals and extras will be included. All drives will be formatted(NTFS), all clocks at defaults. BIOS setup as above

(xmassign2 ***will add games with the system: FEAR (dir. ed. DVD), Quake4 (CD), Serious Sam 2(CD) and SplinterCell: Chaos Theory (coll. ed. DVD)

$1850.00 +shipping (this system is well over $2800 if bought new)
I will consider selling without Logitech Z680 speakers (-$125 + additional shipping)
Pay-Pal (CC ok) or money orders accepted
Available for local P\U in the Harford, CT area (I will travel some to deliver)

Heat: PaiN (http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=29397)

***PICS posted soon***

DiscipleDOC
11-03-05, 08:56 AM
May I ask: Why are you selling it? :wtf:

sytaylor
11-03-05, 09:08 AM
Seconded :wtf:

Thats a beautiful machine.

PaiN
11-03-05, 09:17 AM
May I ask: Why are you selling it? :wtf:
That was fast...:rolleyes: I can't support this PC any longer...its a gaming machine that's all I use for..... Last night I was so close to purchasing a Dell 2405FPW....then something came over me...I took a serious look at how much I've spent on my system and it was simply out of control. And there I am with my mouse on the "buy" button ready to drop another grand. wth??
No, its time for me to pulll it together that done in easy move...sell this PC :)

jAkUp
11-03-05, 11:22 AM
Damn :( So your not gonna game anymore???! nooooooo

Ninjaman09
11-03-05, 11:30 AM
That was fast...:rolleyes: I can't support this PC any longer...its a gaming machine that's all I use for..... Last night I was so close to purchasing a Dell 2405FPW....then something came over me...I took a serious look at how much I've spent on my system and it was simply out of control. And there I am with my mouse on the "buy" button ready to drop another grand. wth??
No, its time for me to pulll it together that done in easy move...sell this PC :)
Dude, I went through the same thing, basically what you need to do is stop spending money on the PC, but don't sell it at a loss - then you'll just be out a thousand bucks with nothing to show for it. Keep the PC, enjoy it, just stop upgrading - there's no need to at this point anyway. ;)

|MaguS|
11-03-05, 11:38 AM
Part it out! ^^

Edge
11-03-05, 12:21 PM
I've always been a budget shopper when it comes to PCs (or anything, really). Never found a reason to spend $600+ on an upgrade, let alone a single component, when I can start cheap and upgrade cheap when stuff drops in price and still be able to play any game at very high settings.

That said, would you be willing to part any of it out if noone buys it?

zoomy942
11-03-05, 12:56 PM
i wouldnt give uop either. i buy alot of hardware, but i sell my other parts and bring down the cost. the one thing that sucks is i gotta keep changing kind of frequently so my hardware doesnt loose too much value.

dont sell you pc, just leave her the way she is.

BUT, if you do, i'd jump on that CPU.

PaiN
11-03-05, 01:31 PM
i wouldnt give uop either. i buy alot of hardware, but i sell my other parts and bring down the cost. the one thing that sucks is i gotta keep changing kind of frequently so my hardware doesnt loose too much value.
That's the way I've always done things...that and doing repair jobs here & there.
funny....my wife(who usually dosen't give a rats-ass about my PC habbits) pactically had a break down this morning when I told her the whole thing was up for sale.....she said: she wouldn't know who I am without that box and after all that I have sunk into it (money & time) sooner or later it would kill me not to have one. I always respect her input and when she's so strong about something, she's usually right. I might reconsider. Also 360 availability is not good this late in the game.

zoomy942
11-03-05, 01:35 PM
your wife is right. this may sound cheasy, but to me, my pc is a part of my personality. i use efficient parts, cause i am like that.

its organized cause i am.

it tends to stand out at a lan party, and i tend to stand out in a crowd.

when you are as immersed as we all are about pc's, it becomes almost like another appendage. i sold my pc about 3 years ago and it was weird foor the 6 months i didnt have one. it's borderline art cause of all the passion we have and some people take pride in how it looks (like me).

i would say hold onto your pc. just raise your restraint about what to buy and when. the difference between you and i is that my pc parts arent as high end as yours, so my way of getting the money for it usually totally pays for the parts, or close to it. your parts are way pricey-er so that doesnt quite work

Roliath
11-03-05, 02:35 PM
Bump for a great seller...
It's just too bad your getting out of the PC "Game"...

And IF you part it out, sell me your exos! haha

angshuman
11-03-05, 03:34 PM
Dude, I went through the same thing, basically what you need to do is stop spending money on the PC, but don't sell it at a loss - then you'll just be out a thousand bucks with nothing to show for it. Keep the PC, enjoy it, just stop upgrading - there's no need to at this point anyway. ;)
QFT.

jAkUp
11-03-05, 07:32 PM
If you try to leave the PC game you'll be back anyways, so no worries :)

Look at all the other users at this board who switched to mac! LOL

Zelda_fan
11-03-05, 08:42 PM
man i have to shed a tear when I see someone selling a rig like that.

introgamer
11-03-05, 09:17 PM
you must part that... O_O

darkrider01
11-04-05, 09:06 AM
No. You must not part it out or sell it. Listen to your wife. I've been through the same thing. I actually go through the same thing about once a week....My wife always talks the sense back into me. I'm a total hardware junkie - I would buy parts every week if I was a lotto winner:D Anyway, listen to the misses. She is seeing things in a more objective light than you are/were.

I vote you keep it:super: