PDA

View Full Version : Loast Coast Updated

jAkUp
11-03-05, 12:26 PM
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast

* Fixed a problem with commentary and the save/restore problem. A symptom of this problem would be combine soldiers standing with their arms outstretched

Source Engine

* Fixed a rare crash in the physics system
* Fixed command line error when trying to run maps that contain the characters '-' or '+

:)

anticitizenzero
11-03-05, 12:44 PM
Is it jsut me, or does anyone else think that they should be spending thier time more usefully like getting Aftermath out as soon as possible instead of waysting time on fixing bugs in a tech demo

Rakeesh
11-03-05, 12:53 PM
Is it jsut me, or does anyone else think that they should be spending thier time more usefully like getting Aftermath out as soon as possible instead of waysting time on fixing bugs in a tech demo

I think they should put aftermath off. They really need to rework the crap out of their current products before releasing anything else. Especially HL2DM and HL2, and then the source engine in general as it has bugs up the ass.

Mr. Hunt
11-03-05, 01:03 PM
I think they should put aftermath off. They really need to rework the crap out of their current products before releasing anything else. Especially HL2DM and HL2, and then the source engine in general as it has bugs up the ass.

Agreed... would be better to fix these bugs, rather than "hurry" (we all know Valve's "hurrying" pace) Aftermath and then it has the same issues that could have been fixed.

Rakeesh
11-03-05, 01:33 PM
(we all know Valve's "hurrying" pace)

LOL yeah, it takes them a year to rush an early release :D

It then took 5 years for them to finally fix all of the remaining major bugs in HL1 (especially the sound drop bug.)

I hope we don't have another 4 years to wait before the sound stutter bug is fixed.

|JuiceZ|
11-03-05, 02:48 PM
Aftermath is never coming out guys, it'll just magically turn into Half-Life 3 in 7yrs :D

angshuman
11-03-05, 04:47 PM
Here we go again... :rolleyes:

grey_1
11-03-05, 05:48 PM
Here we go again... :p Soooo Tempting to jump in:p

Infinity666
11-03-05, 08:07 PM
Everyone complains about how long it takes them to put out there products and how many bugs there are in the engine. Would you have rather them rushed hl2 made it in year or less and had "steam"ing pile of crap while it has bugs (no that e had any problem myself other than one bad update that they did fix) Hl2 ran perfectly and was definetly imo the best game ever so have patience.

Quality V. Time :I choose qaulity

Rakeesh
11-04-05, 12:10 AM
Everyone complains about how long it takes them to put out there products and how many bugs there are in the engine. Would you have rather them rushed hl2 made it in year or less and had "steam"ing pile of crap while it has bugs (no that e had any problem myself other than one bad update that they did fix) Hl2 ran perfectly and was definetly imo the best game ever so have patience.

Quality V. Time :I choose qaulity

I choose quality as well. However, valve not only takes a long ass time, but they take a long ass time to release something that is incomplete. And then after they release it, they take a long ass time to finish it.

Infinity666
11-04-05, 12:22 AM
I choose quality as well. However, valve not only takes a long ass time, but they take a long ass time to release something that is incomplete. And then after they release it, they take a long ass time to finish it.

What do you mean by incomplete are you refering to the bugs in source or steam or both? I will addmit there are problems i have not experinced one that has not been encountered in other games and while steam is a pile of sh!t at least it gets updated regulary

mark501
11-04-05, 08:41 AM
I've never experienced any bug that I can think of in HL2. And I've played throught it all twice. Steam rarely causes any problems either. Both products feels very polished and complete to me.

I dont know why people keep bitching about Valve and their "poor, incomplete, buggy games and that POS Steam". Isnt it easier to just not buy their games, not install Steam, and go play/do something else that doesnt make your life such a royal pain..?

superklye
11-04-05, 10:33 AM
I've never experienced any bug that I can think of in HL2. And I've played throught it all twice. Steam rarely causes any problems either. Both products feels very polished and complete to me.

I dont know why people keep bitching about Valve and their "poor, incomplete, buggy games and that POS Steam". Isnt it easier to just not buy their games, not install Steam, and go play/do something else that doesnt make your life such a royal pain..?
Well sure. But you're kinda screwed when you find out it's buggy sh!t after you've already bought and installed the products.

Acid Rain
11-04-05, 11:25 AM
Agreed... would be better to fix these bugs, rather than "hurry" (we all know Valve's "hurrying" pace) Aftermath and then it has the same issues that could have been fixed.I would agree, but some things are better left dead and forgotton. When your bug fixing capacity is limited to working around your other workarounds which were implemented to work around other workarounds in order to workaround major design issues, it's best just to scrap the damn thing. It gets tiresome when a workaround breaks another workaround, till the latest is broken again in order to fix the old one. :rolleyes:

Ringthane
11-04-05, 01:29 PM
OK, so the soldiers standing around with their arms out WAS a bug. I was kinda confused there.

Rakeesh
11-04-05, 02:44 PM
What do you mean by incomplete are you refering to the bugs in source or steam or both?

Source.

Steam has had most of its bugs fixed lately due to a period where the developers allowed you to converse with them directly rather than going through the red tape in that shoddy piss poor support system. There only remains one shortcoming that I want them to fix in steam, but I think they never will since it goes against their design philosophy.

Morrow
11-15-05, 02:48 PM
OK, so the soldiers standing around with their arms out WAS a bug. I was kinda confused there.

You mean you thought that bug was a feature?

superklye
11-15-05, 07:28 PM
Source.

Steam has had most of its bugs fixed lately due to a period where the developers allowed you to converse with them directly rather than going through the red tape in that shoddy piss poor support system. There only remains one shortcoming that I want them to fix in steam, but I think they never will since it goes against their design philosophy.
What shortcoming? Being a complete resource hog?

Rakeesh
11-16-05, 01:56 AM
What shortcoming? Being a complete resource hog?

Mainly, it doesn't have any kind of auto-terminate feature; e.g. automatically close steam when you quit your game. It is a pretty big annoyance to me to have to close a program with its tray icon when you aren't even using it.

FWIW, if it did that I wouldn't really care about the resource hogging as it wouldn't be yet another "lingering" program.

BioHazZarD
11-16-05, 02:28 AM
Aftermath is never coming out guys, it'll just magically turn into Half-Life 3 in 7yrs :D

Youre wrong, they know most people are tired of HL2 and since they are not really that much cool mods out there they wanna get this out sooner or later but it suprised me we wont see it this year dah.