PDA

View Full Version : Yea, so I played the Xbox360 at walmart...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tygerwoody
11-03-05, 03:17 PM
Before I start. Xbox Fanbois go away. I don't like you. This is what I found and is my personal opinion. Again, go away.

To start I was EXCITED to play on it... After all, it was Call of Duty 2. One of my favorite games right now.

Good things I noticed:

-Controler has a VERY good feel. Unfortunately it SUCKED for playing Call of Duty, but i can tell it will be good for other games.

-The game was Call of Duty 2... thats cool in itself

-The game ran very smooth

Bad Things I notice:

-Free AA? yea right! Jaggies ALL over the place.(save you stupid comments about "when the real one is released it wont have any Jaggies." I don't care what it is "suppose" to have. This is what it has now. To be honest I doubt it will be fixed.

-LOW LOW res textures. The textures for this game were HORRID for the so-called "better then a PC" system. No wonder the game ran smooth, it didn't have anything to push!!!

-Ahhhh the Jaggies, they are hurting my eyes!!!

basically thats all I can say. The game seemed like it would be fun if the controls didnt suck(like i said, the actual controller for the system is cool, but for this game it was horrible).

Bring it on Xbox Fanbois. Go ahead and start crying to me, I'm just speaking the truth. While the system looks good, its nothing a cheapy 2.0ghz P4 , 9700 pro can't handle. IMO

jAkUp
11-03-05, 03:20 PM
I've been saying from day 1 that it will be no match for a PC... many people didn't believe me though..

It should get better over the next few months though, by then the games should have some AA at least.

My questions for you though, other than textures, how were the models, like poly's and etc? It should be comparable to the PC version I believe.

Zelda_fan
11-03-05, 03:21 PM
I'm not an xbox fanboy, but I have heard that the walmart consoles are a pos.

SH64
11-03-05, 03:24 PM
How was the filtering ? & can you comment on what level of quality/samples it compares to the PC ? (like 2x ,4x,8x ..)

evilchris
11-03-05, 03:33 PM
Before I start. Xbox Fanbois go away. I don't like you. This is what I found and is my personal opinion. Again, go away.

To start I was EXCITED to play on it... After all, it was Call of Duty 2. One of my favorite games right now.

Good things I noticed:

-Controler has a VERY good feel. Unfortunately it SUCKED for playing Call of Duty, but i can tell it will be good for other games.

-The game was Call of Duty 2... thats cool in itself

-The game ran very smooth

Bad Things I notice:

-Free AA? yea right! Jaggies ALL over the place.(save you stupid comments about "when the real one is released it wont have any Jaggies." I don't care what it is "suppose" to have. This is what it has now. To be honest I doubt it will be fixed.

-LOW LOW res textures. The textures for this game were HORRID for the so-called "better then a PC" system. No wonder the game ran smooth, it didn't have anything to push!!!

-Ahhhh the Jaggies, they are hurting my eyes!!!

basically thats all I can say. The game seemed like it would be fun if the controls didnt suck(like i said, the actual controller for the system is cool, but for this game it was horrible).

Bring it on Xbox Fanbois. Go ahead and start crying to me, I'm just speaking the truth. While the system looks good, its nothing a cheapy 2.0ghz P4 , 9700 pro can't handle. IMO

Important detail: Is Walmart running these demo's on HDTV's? If not, yeah, it will be low res and jaggied.

jAkUp
11-03-05, 03:35 PM
Whether its on HDTV or not, it still should have some AA applied.

Superfly
11-03-05, 03:41 PM
LOL - nothing I did'nt expect - as jAkUp has said.

angshuman
11-03-05, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I would imagine that teh jaggies would be even more noticeable on a high-def screen.

emailthatguy
11-03-05, 04:13 PM
funny ive been to 3 wal marts where the xbox360 was hung and frozen in call of duty 2 lol

jAkUp
11-03-05, 04:17 PM
funny ive been to 3 wal marts where the xbox360 was hung and frozen in call of duty 2 lol

Microsoft did say that they want it to be like a PC ;)

Superfly
11-03-05, 04:37 PM
Microsoft did say that they want it to be like a PC ;)

ROFL

Pennyboy
11-03-05, 04:53 PM
I'm sorry but I couldn't give a sh*t. I hate consoles and wish they would all just go away and die. I hate everything about them and I can't understand why people buy them. They are a poor mans gaming machine and thats that, its the price of them that keeps them popular. Anyways thats my opinions and the PC will always be for me, I would NEVER buy a console.

CaptNKILL
11-03-05, 04:56 PM
I was in EB the other day and a guy was playing CoD 2 on the X360 and I cant say I was impressed. The graphics were nice (it was on a good sized flat panel TV) but not as good as the PC version in my opinion. It was running pretty smooth, but it didnt seem like the game had auto aiming. The guy was trying to point at enemies but couldnt hit them at all. You have to aim dead on just like the PC version, but you have to do it with a damned analog stick. Talk about a joke. The guy spent about a minute trying to shoot one enemy... the enemy hit him every damn time he saw him.

I hope they make some improvements on this thing. Its going to be a huge seller of course, but its not impressing me at all. Ill stick with my PC.

Acid Rain
11-03-05, 04:57 PM
Important detail: Is Walmart running these demo's on HDTV's? If not, yeah, it will be low res and jaggied.I've noticed at home that the HD set brings out any lack of filtering or AA immediately, and that the old-school standard set hides these imperfections in blurr.

Clay
11-03-05, 05:06 PM
*cough* (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58403)

SH64
11-03-05, 05:06 PM
The graphics were nice (it was on a good sized flat panel TV) but not as good as the PC version in my opinion.

At what PC settings/res are you comparing ? if to your own PC then its a disaster!! :o

slick
11-03-05, 05:09 PM
Yes, we all know CoD2 looks like absolute ASS on the 360, would you guys stop judging how the 360 will perform based off of one game that is absolutely horrible/was rushed.

How about we compare PGR3 to ANYTHING on a PC? Oh right, it looks miles ahead of anything out right now.

CaptNKILL
11-03-05, 05:19 PM
At what PC settings/res are you comparing ? if to your own PC then its a disaster!! :o
Yeah, my own PC. I ran the CoD 2 demo at pretty high settings and it was very playable. The X360 was running smoother but didnt look as good... very washed out, and it just seemed less detailed. And yeah, considering my 1 1\2 year old video card, thats sad. Although it alone did cost as much as the whole X360...

jAkUp
11-03-05, 05:31 PM
Yeah, my own PC. I ran the CoD 2 demo at pretty high settings and it was very playable. The X360 was running smoother but didnt look as good... very washed out, and it just seemed less detailed. And yeah, considering my 1 1\2 year old video card, thats sad. Although it alone did cost as much as the whole X360...

Yea when it was new it did, nowadays they are cheap.

You know whats funny, is one of the COD2 developers actually said the XB360 version would look better than the PC!

agentkay
11-03-05, 06:09 PM
Yea when it was new it did, nowadays they are cheap.

You know whats funny, is one of the COD2 developers actually said the XB360 version would look better than the PC!

That MS money must have come to great use, aka fine-ass strippers and ****s that knew how to give head I guess. :D

GamerGuyX
11-03-05, 06:26 PM
And here I was thinking Nintendo fanboys were bad! :rolleyes:

Edge
11-03-05, 06:43 PM
First off...why isn't this in the console forum? Secondly, it isn't a good sign when someone feels they have to make a "go away fanboys" comment every other line :rolleyes:

Honestly, I don't know why anyone was expecting the console version of CoD2 to be anything special. Even on the PC, it doesn't look all that great and has surprisingly disapointing performance, so a sloppy port sure isn't going to help it. When I played it, I did notice it had a usually decent yet occasionally inconsistant framerate (simply turning toward the dust behind your jeep at the start seems to drop it from 60 to 30), and the aiming controls just seemed to be implimented poorly (still a step or two behind Halo in that regard, sad for a game released 4 years later). Reminds me of how Unreal 2 turned out on the Xbox...except without the addition of coop play.

I think Perfect Dark Zero looks quite a bit better than the Xbox 360 version of CoD2 from the videos I've seen, why they didn't show that game off instead is beyond me. At least it's not as bad a benchmark as the King Kong demo is, though. But isn't Kameo on the demo disc as well? Has anyone given that a try and seen if it has the same problems as the CoD2 demo?

I've noticed at home that the HD set brings out any lack of filtering or AA immediately, and that the old-school standard set hides these imperfections in blurr.
That's only when running a SD image on an HDTV. Running an HD image on an HDTV will look better than an SD image on an SD/EDTV, regardless of whatever filtering it uses. But an SD source on an HDTV is the worst possible option.

I'm sorry but I couldn't give a sh*t. I hate consoles and wish they would all just go away and die. I hate everything about them and I can't understand why people buy them.
Maybe because not everyone has $1200 to spend on videocards alone for their computer every 8 months :rolleyes:
If you honestly think consoles are a "poorman's gaming machine", I'd hate to hear what you think of the PCs most of the users on this forum have.

NightFire
11-03-05, 06:52 PM
I'd be tempted to buy this console, but I think my money has some better use elsewhere at the moment. Maybe in a few years, though...

Edge
11-03-05, 06:57 PM
I'd be tempted to buy this console, but I think my money has some better use elsewhere at the moment. Maybe in a few years, though...
True, usually I find it's better to wait until at least the first price drop before buying a console. Then not only is it cheaper, but it has a much wider selection of games so that you won't have to spend months after lauch waiting for the next good game to play. The only console I bought at launch was the Dreamcast, since there were several launch games that I REALLY wanted and it had a very strong post-launch lineup (not to mention it totally was leaps and bounds better than my PC at the time in almost every possible way).

killahsin
11-03-05, 07:08 PM
Important detail: Is Walmart running these demo's on HDTV's? If not, yeah, it will be low res and jaggied.

um an hdtv makes no difference froma standard tv in resolution of textures and or anti aliasing. AA on 800x600(or 640x480 lolol) takes away the jaggies too, lol.