PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft Ghost for Gamecube Canned

jAkUp
11-03-05, 03:45 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=128666

monkeydust
11-03-05, 03:49 PM
Now they just need to can the rest of the versions...

superklye
11-03-05, 05:57 PM
I thought this game had been cancelled years ago. This is like Blizzards HL2, or, perhaps even...DNF.

Edge
11-03-05, 06:06 PM
Well, not surprising, since the multiplayer/online mode sounds like it's going to be a big part of the game, and that's not exactly an aspect that would fit on the Gamecube. And I'm not even sure if the Gamecube version is "canceled" as much as it was "never started", since when they rebuilt the game from the ground up they probably just worked on a PS2 and Xbox version and never planned on putting it on Gamecube. They just didn't mention it until now, I'd guess.

Though apperently the game has made decent progress since they scrapped it and started over with a new developer. The development really isn't taking that long if you consider that they pretty much began work on the current version only a year or so ago. A shame that the original version of the game wasn't up to snuff even after 3 years of development, I still have the original trailer from E3 2002. Well, better to cut their losses instead of having it turn into another C&C Renegade, I suppose...

superklye
11-03-05, 06:23 PM
What was so bad about Renegade? I never played it and honestly thought it looked and sounded retarded, but what was actually bad about it?

Edge
11-03-05, 06:53 PM
Well, I guess Renegade wasn't TERRIBLE, but after it was delayed for so long and when it was finally released, turned out to be an extremely generic shooter with lackluster graphics and performance, and a multiplayer mode that was horribly flawed (although somewhat entertaining), I guess it was easy to see why it was hated so much. Especially the AI...the term "brainless droves of enemies" must've been their motto while making the game. It's the kind of game that has a lot of potential and you'd love to see a sequel to so that they could fix the flaws. It did have a bunch of great ideas, it's just that they were poorly implimented.