PDA

View Full Version : Corsair Announces SLI Ready Memory

jAkUp
11-03-05, 07:12 PM
I dunno how memory can be SLI ready... but here it is:

November 3, 2005: NVIDIA Selects Corsair as its First Certified SLI Ready Memory
Corsair Memory today announced that it has become the first company in the memory category to receive the NVIDIA® SLI Ready certification. Recognized as the performance memory of choice for enthusiasts, Corsair added to the SLI Ready certification program by creating a new memory category to amplify user experience.

http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/news.html

TierMann
11-03-05, 07:17 PM
Does that go above or below the "Made With Real Silicone","WHQL", and "Dual Channel" stickers on the packaging?
This ram will store your data temporarily for quick access as well. They might want to add that as a feature. :)

Sorry. I don't mean to be dumping on it completely. Maybe it's a real standard, but if not then it's just another set of buzz words to get thrown around for the naive consumer. Hopefully people who are putting together SLI rigs will be smart enough to realize they don't need Corsair SLI Ready ram like some people who were buying one set of DDR over another only because it was labeled Dual Channel. Corsair is great though. Buy it if you've got the cash, but not for the stickers.

jAkUp
11-03-05, 07:23 PM
This ram will store your data temporarily for quick access as well. They might want to add that as a feature. :)

Ram does that now??!? SWEET!!!

;)

TierMann
11-03-05, 07:35 PM
Heh. Sorry for the rant. Things like this and WHQL get to me and limit a lot of people in their choices. Example: Some people waiting for a month to try a new driver that could possibly fix 10 of their favorite games because it's not WHQL yet when the same exact driver they're going to get is sitting in beta release the whole time.

And if your ram lacks that feature, jakUp, I'd RMA it. ;)

einstein_314
11-03-05, 11:48 PM
Wow, that is ridiculous. So what exactly does it mean? It's not any different than other ram is it? Next thing you know we'll have SLI certified mice and keyboards.

|JuiceZ|
11-03-05, 11:50 PM
Does that go above or below the "Made With Real Silicone","WHQL", and "Dual Channel" stickers on the packaging?

Sorry. I don't mean to be dumping on it completely. Maybe it's a real standard, but if not then it's just another set of buzz words to get thrown around for the naive consumer. Hopefully people who are putting together SLI rigs will be smart enough to realize they don't need Corsair SLI Ready ram like some people who were buying one set of DDR over another only because it was labeled Dual Channel. Corsair is great though. Buy it if you've got the cash, but not for the stickers.

Totally agree.

stncttr908
11-04-05, 12:13 AM
This has about as much validity as the "Plays best on NVIDIA, ATI, etc." pimping in game intro movies, barring a few exceptions such as the Doom 3 and Source engines.

Zelda_fan
11-04-05, 12:41 AM
this is stupid. PSU's and motherboards, ok, but nVidia's really going to screw their "SLi approved" name if they continue to do dumb stuff like this.

XDanger
01-23-07, 03:39 PM
EPP:- But you knew that already.

Lazaredz
01-23-07, 05:09 PM
EPP:- But you knew that already.

Why???? Just why?

:rolleyes:

Amuro
01-23-07, 08:49 PM
necropost? Why?

buffbiff21
01-24-07, 05:04 AM
necropost? Why?

hahaa

dude that was like digging up marilyn monroe and cramming her.

:D

XDanger
01-25-07, 02:00 PM
I used to have aol, spent most of the time on computing chat, Not with aol anymore so can't use the chatroom.
Thats why I mope around in here now posting pointlessly.

einstein_314
01-25-07, 03:38 PM
I used to have aol, spent most of the time on computing chat, Not with aol anymore so can't use the chatroom.
Thats why I mope around in here now posting pointlessly.
Umm...ok :wtf: So you dig up year old threads just to get a kick out of it?

XDanger
01-26-07, 03:19 PM
Umm...ok :wtf: So you dig up year old threads just to get a kick out of it?

No im just not paying enough attention to the date

Wont happen again:spank:

einstein_314
01-26-07, 03:31 PM
No im just not paying enough attention to the date

Wont happen again:spank:
Haha, ok, fair enough. Happens to the best of us. No worries.

SH0DAN
01-27-07, 03:30 PM
Wow, that is ridiculous. So what exactly does it mean? It's not any different than other ram is it? Next thing you know we'll have SLI certified mice and keyboards.

What it really means is they are grasping at straws to get people to buy in.What it also means is they paid Nvidia whole hell of allot of cash to get that
stamp of approval from Nvidia.Just as the pc case manufacturers have and power supply manufacturers have,who also have the stamp of approval.Its
all marketing garbage and BS.
:rolleyes:

Amuro
01-27-07, 07:45 PM
Don't know about SLI Ready mice and keyboards, but we do have SLI Ready computer cases now, the CM Stackers lol.

Dazz
01-28-07, 07:25 AM
Well yeah they can get away with SLi cases as they are certified to run SLi cards i.e the 8800GTX while a fair few cases can not fit them. So i understand that. They get a way with SLi memory as they work with EPP which is only on the SLi boards i.e 680i and 680a.