PDA

View Full Version : Samsung SM930BF (4ms 19" TFT)

Superfly
11-04-05, 06:07 AM
Specs:

Type a-si TFT/TN
Viewable area 19"

Pixel Pitch (mm) 0.294
Brightness (cd/m2) 300
Contrast Ratio 700:1
Viewing Angle (H/V) 160˚/160˚
Response Time (ms) 4
Interface Analogue/Digital

My new Monitor - Christmas pressie from the wife - your opinions please gents.

linkage: http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/monitors/lcd/gaming/ls19bidksvedc.asp?page=Specifications

Samsung dont consider 8ms good enough for gaming screens any more and have moved all the 8ms screens to the entry level section of there website.......bring on 4ms!!!

Superfly
11-04-05, 10:24 AM
wow - not one opinion.

Q
11-04-05, 12:02 PM
wow - not one opinion.

4 hours... and its before noon.

I usually don't expect a response around this time...in the afternoon, thats another story!

I heard good things about it. The 4ms response time isn't apparently a little overrated, but what kinda price are you looking at?

Superfly
11-04-05, 12:21 PM
hi mate - lol soz about the time thang - i forget im in the UK.

price is £240.

Ninjaman09
11-04-05, 12:27 PM
Well you're in luck dude, I actually had this monitor at one point.

First of all, take the 4ms with a grain of salt. The panel in this monitor is the same as the one in the Samsung 915N, which they say is an 8ms panel. However the 930BF has DVI output which may be a big deal to you (I'd like it but frankly I have yet to use a monitor that offers a better experience than my 915N). In fact, this monitor IS the 915N with DVI. The response time appears to be exactly the same when comparing the two. Its contrast ratio and brightness are the same too (700:1 and 300cd/m2).

However there is something different about the control electronics. The color shows up kinda funny on this monitor. Reds look more like oranges, greens more like yellows, etc. I'm sure you could adjust it with the included color utility but frankly I don't know how the hell to use the thing. Anyway that's something to consider.

The monitor is very dull from an aethetic perspective. It has a very stiff tilt adjustment and little else. The 915N is similar but slightly easier to adjust and overall looks nicer.

Anyway man to be honest if you want a 19" LCD you really can't go wrong with the Samsung 915N (may be called 913N in UK). It lacks DVI but the color is much better and it's a LOT cheaper. Honestly, I went out to Best Buy, picked up a 930BF, took it home, and it was a no-brainer for me to just keep my 915N.

BTW - whatever you do - do NOT buy a 960BF. WORST. MONITOR. EVER.

Superfly
11-04-05, 12:36 PM
I need DVI, and as yet have not found a bad review of the 930BF - Thanks for your input Ninjaman, its always good to hear from someone thats used the hardware.

as for colours it users the same driver/screen and colour profile as the 915N so im not sure how to interpret what you say....? perhaps I need to see one up and running, going onto the "look" I LOVE this monitor's look - the 913's just look plastic and cheap to me.

EDIT - there is no SM915 in the UK and the 913 with DVI has a nasty looking front bezel + 8ms instead of 4.

thanks for the input mate - appriciate it.

Roadhog
11-04-05, 01:53 PM
that LCD sucks... read some reviews.

Ninjaman09
11-04-05, 02:07 PM
edit: Whoops, I goofed. Looks like I actually had the Syncmaster 930B, not the 930BF. Checking now to see what the differences are...

Update: OK man after reading about it for a bit, that is definitely not the same monitor and actually it looks really nice. I say go for it, all the reviews I read are overwhelmingly positive.

Superfly
11-04-05, 03:38 PM
that LCD sucks... read some reviews.

I've read lots of reviews and cant find a bad one - link me to these terrible reviews please.

Superfly
11-04-05, 03:41 PM
edit: Whoops, I goofed. Looks like I actually had the Syncmaster 930B, not the 930BF. Checking now to see what the differences are...

Update: OK man after reading about it for a bit, that is definitely not the same monitor and actually it looks really nice. I say go for it, all the reviews I read are overwhelmingly positive.

I just took a look on the Samsung Website and the 913B (the one with DVI has been discontinued so if I want samsung AND DVI the only choice for a gamer is the 930BF.

Oh, and thankyou man - you've been a great help.

Ninjaman09
11-04-05, 04:09 PM
Cool man, I'm glad I could help. Enjoy your new monitor. :D

Superfly
11-04-05, 04:15 PM
I will - thanks again.

great forum spirit