PDA

View Full Version : razOWN!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

keith33
11-04-05, 08:43 PM
Hey, remember my thread(S) about Razer screwing me into waiting 4 weeks for my Copperhead and not getting a reply. Well since then I bought a G5 and told them to cancel my order. Funny thing though, I guess they didn't, after two weeks of G5 speculation, I just signed for an unknown Fedex package from an unknown source. I opened it up assuming it was Anthrax or a time bomb or someone's decapitated head asking for ransom money, but it was actually a new Copperhead with no reciept or documentation of any sort.

Whatever, I guess I'm already owned for like $80 anyways so I opened the box.... 5 minutes later, G5 is in the friggin' garbage can because this mouse just OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWNS. BOOM HEADSHOT, BOOM HEADSHOT, my hands are shaking, my hands are shaking but I'm still getting headshots, it's like this mouse has a mind of it's own because it just DOMINATES from the get go, I think it was worth the wait and the pain and the extra money because I'm hugging this baby while I sleep tonight. And although it weighs slightly more, it feels much more agile, it's like a weapon.

However all of this said, the Logitech does have better build quality and texture to the surface. This is like a Porsche to me, no practicality, just sheer viscerial ownage. YAY :D

Objectively: One of the biggest differences for me between the G5 and the Copperhead was the ease of clicking the left and right mouse buttons. I felt like extra pressure was needed on the G5 to click a button and in many cases this was the difference between a frag and getting raped. Also, the Razer drivers seem much more stable than the Logitech ones for whatever reason. Also, there's something about the shape of this thing that fits like a glove where as the G5 is like holding a loaf of bread. It seems like a natural extension of your hand as oppose to a mouse. One of the few things that's bugging me already though is the difference in texture. The G5 really wisks the sweat away from your palm and leaves it with a fresh feeling as opposed to the polymer synthetic rubber used on the top of the Razer sticks to your hand a bit more.

Muppet
11-05-05, 02:32 AM
I'm thinking of getting one myself.:D Have you tried Bf2 with it

Roliath
11-05-05, 02:43 AM
well since your keeping your razor, sell me your G5 :D

jAkUp
11-05-05, 02:48 AM
hahaha like holding a loaf of bread..rofl

Hey man check this site out:
http://razer.tigga.org/

A good place to find all the latest firmware and what not :D I also use the latest beta's.

muaddib
11-05-05, 03:34 AM
I gotta sell my MX518 and get this mouse!

jAkUp
11-05-05, 04:32 AM
I gotta sell my MX518 and get this mouse!

Hell yea you do :D Thats what I did! ;)

Superfly
11-05-05, 05:08 AM
Logitech's mouseware software is fookin terrible - it also installs spyware without you knowing - Razor is the way forwards.

keith33
11-05-05, 09:13 AM
I've found with BF2 that 1600dpi is the best setting for me but I guess it depends on how you like your mice. jaKUp what firmware version are you using, I looked around in their community and most people were assholes when trying to help troubleshoot problems so I don't want to try anything unstable yet.

BrianG
11-05-05, 09:30 AM
My system was unstable with the 6.08s so I am still runing the 6.07. Since I CPU cycles to waste, I am running 1000Hz polling. I set the right side buttons to set sensitivity and toggle from profile 1 (500Hz/2000dpi) to profile 5 (1000Hz/2000dpi). I love my Razer.

I can dance all day, I can dance day... Try hittin me, try hittin me. BOOOOM Headshot!!!

Did they actuially charge your credit card?

keith33
11-05-05, 10:00 AM
I'm running the 6.13 firmware and its decently stable. To be honest I have no idea whether they charged my card or not, I'll find out on the 15th lol. Personally, I wouldn't feel right if they didn't charge and I got the mouse, I would probably send them an email asking to charge for it if that was the case.

I haven't tried the 1000hz polling rate yet, about to do that now, we'll see if its crazy or not. I need to buy an icemat or something though, I'm afraid I'll tear the mouse feet with my wood desk.

jAkUp
11-05-05, 03:17 PM
I'm using the 6.17e firmware right now :D Working great for me.

Yea man, get an Icemat. :D I'm running at 2000DPI's with 500Hz polling... the 1Khz polling eats at your CPU, so I just leave it at 500 :)

TierMann
11-05-05, 03:25 PM
If it had been a head in the box, I wouldn't pay that ransom. I mean what more can they do to the person? :P

That's awesome though that you actually got the mouse you set out to get in the first place. :)

jAkUp
11-05-05, 03:34 PM
That happened to me once.

I ordered an Icemat off a site, turns out it wasn't actually in stock. I sent an email to cancel, and ordered it off FrozenCPU. It came from FrozenCPU, then like 3 weeks later another came. LOL

I never received anything back from that email I sent. meh

BrianG
11-05-05, 06:21 PM
I'm using the 6.17e firmware right now :D Working great for me.

Yea man, get an Icemat. :D I'm running at 2000DPI's with 500Hz polling... the 1Khz polling eats at your CPU, so I just leave it at 500 :)
Gotta do something with the extra CPU cycles, ya know, dual core and all...

Riptide
11-05-05, 09:28 PM
Um does this thing work with xp64?

I tried one tonight and although XP seems to natively detect it the downloadable software doesn't seem to work right. Every time I go into the configurator it tells me that it doesn't detect a mouse. Offers to scan again for it at which point I click OK and nothing seems to happen.

Also I am following the procedure to update firmware and it doesn't work properly. I unplug the mouse, hold the bottom button down, and then when I plug it in windows detects it but can't find a driver for it. It quits working until I unplug and release the bottom button, then plug it in again.

Is there some special version of their software I need to be using? I downloaded what looked like the latest software for it, 6.08 with the 6.16 firmware.

jAkUp
11-05-05, 09:29 PM
tell it to search for a driver and it should work.

As for the software, it does not work with XP64. They will release some 64bit software soon.

Riptide
11-05-05, 09:33 PM
So in other words I can't update the firmware right now. Correct?

Muppet
11-05-05, 10:21 PM
Just got one, i can't believe how smooth it is

jAkUp
11-05-05, 10:35 PM
So in other words I can't update the firmware right now. Correct?

I dunno if you can update the firmware on an winxp 64 box, but if you have another machine you should be able to update the firmware fine :) So, you can update the firmware on another machine, then use it on yours :)

Muppet
11-06-05, 02:35 AM
Speaking of Firmware i downloaded the latest drivers, which are supposed to have it in them, but i can't find it the 6.16 that is.

LORD-eX-Bu
11-06-05, 01:39 PM
Are these things available wireless or are they all corded? Otherwise its G7 for me:D

keith33
11-06-05, 04:57 PM
-LORD-eX-Bu']Are these things available wireless or are they all corded? Otherwise its G7 for me:D

They're all wired because wireless causes unnecessary latency. I had an MX1000 before going back to wired mice and notice virtually no difference in movement impairment by the addition of a cord. May I ask why you specifically want a wireless laser mouse vs a wired one?

LORD-eX-Bu
11-06-05, 05:25 PM
I hate wires. Before my 2 year hiatus I was using an MX700 I think. I did not notice any lag or latency on it whatsoever. I have not noticed anything of the sort, maybe its an issue thats come up in the last two years?

keith33
11-06-05, 05:36 PM
-LORD-eX-Bu']I hate wires. Before my 2 year hiatus I was using an MX700 I think. I did not notice any lag or latency on it whatsoever. I have not noticed anything of the sort, maybe its an issue thats come up in the last two years?

Maybe its a new issue or just that new mice @ 2000dpi are sending so much data through the medium that RF becomes a bottleneck of sorts. The G7 is a great mouse, it just might be a "touch" slower than the G5 and obviously heavier due to the battery. Razer has always stood to their laurels of never making a wireless mouse so I wouldn't hold my breath for a wireless Copperhead. Also, with the Copperhead you get the 1000hz polling rate which I don't think wireless could replicate. Post a review of your G7 when you get it, not many people have bought it yet and there aren't many good gaming reviews for it.

Riptide
11-06-05, 10:42 PM
Hmm... Well I looks I'll be the lone freak here to say I prefer the feel of the logitech mice to this thing both in how it fits my hand and button placement. The copperhead's main buttons also felt kinda cheap/flimsy to me. My MX510 seems better put together.

Back to the store it goes I guess. Can't please everyone. :p