PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play Ultimate Spider-man?

aAv7
11-05-05, 10:34 AM
So i've been gettingback into comic books lately, since I have a decent job and no girlfriend to spend $$ on :(

Anyways, this game looked pretty sweet, was wondering if anyone gave it shot? Is there a demo?

It's either this or x-men legends 2. My pc needs a comic book related game installed on it. lol.

I'm downloading the x-men legends 2 demo, but honestly, ultimate spider-man interests me more, but if it's crap, i'll stay away.

Any opinions?

Mr. Hunt
11-05-05, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Spider-man is fun and I enjoyed that it was open ended (even though there isn't much to do outside of the missions, other than save some people, beat up some people, or race around the city).

But it quite short... I beat it in probably 8 hours and I got stuck on a few missions... so it is pretty dang short... but after you beat it you can then select Venom to run around with (who is extremely fun to play as btw).

Word to the wise... use a controller... you will basically NEED a controller.

|MaguS|
11-05-05, 12:31 PM
I loved it mainly because I read the comic all the time, I buy them constantly! Best version of Spider-Man ever.

If you don't know what USM is, its basically a restart of Spider-Man. He's a teenager again and has to go through High School and learn the ropes of being a super heroe. Also theres alot more emotion and peter story then before, Its just an amazing story and if you like comics I would highly recommend picking them up (you can get a hardcover huge book for like $50).

Mr. Hunt
11-05-05, 01:02 PM
Yeah... I also forgot to mention there are quite a few cameos you might recognize if you are familiar with comic books ;).

aAv7
11-05-05, 02:13 PM
I read USM all the time, I like Amazing Spidey by strazynzki a bit more, but USM is great too. I fear the day Bendis leaves the title, like he's doing with daredevil..noooooooooooooooooooo, at least brubaker is taking over dd. =)

Thanks for the input, I have a controller, so i guess ill pick this one up, especially considering it's only $29.99 on pc.

HowlingPhoenix
11-05-05, 09:03 PM
I have USM for the Xbox and I like it a lot. Its still not as good as Spiderman 2 IMO. But if you are a fan of the series then you'll like the game even if it is a little short.