PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking BF2 Startup

muaddib
11-05-05, 12:56 PM
Hello everybody.

As said in the title - I would like to know how to do following things:
- Auto-login to BF2. I would like to get into the main screen directly, without having to login manually everytime I start BF2.
- Connect to BF2 servers through 3rd-party apps. That stupid EA message prevents me from doing so, instead I have to use that crappy built-in browser.

I use All-Seeing-Eye.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
muaddib

muaddib
11-06-05, 11:36 AM
Common guys, doesn't anyone know something?

Vik1dk
11-06-05, 11:51 AM
i just added this to my shortcut:
+playername T2O-FonTex +playerPassword xxxxxxx
sry cant help with 3rd party progs:(

nVidiaGuru
11-06-05, 01:31 PM
anyone know how to get rid of the EA vid at startup? i hate being brainwashed into challenging everything

einstein_314
11-06-05, 02:06 PM
anyone know how to get rid of the EA vid at startup? i hate being brainwashed into challenging everything
Go into the movies folder in the BF2 directory (mine is C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies). Rename the movies you don't want to see to something else. Do not rename menu.bik or menu_loggedin.bik (those 2 are the ones that play in the background of the menus). But the others just change the extension or add a 2 somewhere in the names.

toxikneedle
11-06-05, 02:33 PM
Go into the movies folder in the BF2 directory (mine is C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies). Rename the movies you don't want to see to something else. Do not rename menu.bik or menu_loggedin.bik (those 2 are the ones that play in the background of the menus). But the others just change the extension or add a 2 somewhere in the names.
I just deleted mine, not like you're ever gonna need em again.

einstein_314
11-06-05, 02:44 PM
yeah, or I guess you could do that too.

nVidiaGuru
11-06-05, 06:24 PM
thanks a ton guys

muaddib
11-07-05, 06:45 AM
Thanks a lot Vik1dk! BTW, how do you connect to BF2 servers? Through the game itself or through a 3rd party browser?

Vik1dk
11-07-05, 08:28 AM
I use in game browser, i remember a browser/launcher but it was closed down within a week but afaik theres a way to get ASE to work(ill look into it)
ATM i use ASE to find my buds and write ip/port down

EDIT: From BF2world.net
All-Seeing Eye

The procedure for ASE is pretty much the same as Xfire

- Goto C:\Program Files\The All-Seeing Eye and open filters.txt

- Search for BF2

- under JoinTemplate: add +playername yourusername +playerPassword yourpassword

- Restart ASE

It should work like normal now, and it even bypasses the annoying account screen at the start!

jolle
11-07-05, 08:38 AM
X-Fire works to connect directly now, was some problems when they first added that messange ingame, but its fixed now.
Also it will ask for user and pass (freaked me out slightly) and remember it for you, sortof like autologin..
Seems to be some bug tho, cause connecting via Xfire will have music at (probably) full volume during connect.. which is annoying as Im using Ventrilo..