PDA

View Full Version : PS3... Christmas 2006??!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

jAkUp
11-05-05, 09:49 PM
In a demonstration of the swift collaborative response to consumer-driven marketplace changes that a revitalized Sony can deliver, the company soon will unveil a line of compact, portable video devices to fill the time gap before PlayStation 3 launches in Japan in March and in the U.S. a year from now.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051105-5530.html

Mr_LoL
11-05-05, 11:35 PM
I was thinking more summer for the US and christmas for Europe. If the christmas release date is true, it looks like Sony have been caught with their pants down.

CHEVYMAN_02
11-06-05, 12:33 AM
Man that is ugly. If that is true then sony is going to screw themselves over and make the xbox360 a heck of alot better. And make people not want to buy the system

Mr. Hunt
11-06-05, 03:23 AM
I don't know... I don't see why they would take so long to do it and I really hope it isn't true because it wouldn't be very smart... March would be a great time to release... income tax galore and nothing to spend it on... holidays you have everything to spend money on ;).

Bad_Boy
11-06-05, 03:38 PM
I dont buy it.
wait until sony themeselves announce something.

H3avyM3tal
11-06-05, 04:57 PM
Even if this is the case, they still own japan. And you know they don't need to worry about the rest. They probably have the biggest reputation, and this is NOT Nvidia vs ATI...

I can't believe that ppl actually believe that there will be a total winner and a total looser in this... Common, Nintendo is still around, and their sells are NOWHERE near Sony....

aAv7
11-06-05, 05:28 PM
this will help xbox 360 sales, but it aint gonna hurt sony much, once its out, thats it, their #1 again.

Zelda_fan
11-06-05, 06:56 PM
this will help xbox 360 sales, but it aint gonna hurt sony much, once its out, thats it, their #1 again.

maybe, maybe not. Obviosuly they are going to sell, but I honestly think MS is going to wind up on top this time. From what I've read, the PS3 is only marginally faster than the XBOX360 at best, and getting a year head start is going to be huge. The XBOX game lineup for 2006 christmas is going to be sick compared to sony's first gen titles.

Vagrant Zero
11-06-05, 08:25 PM
XBox 360 will be outsold by the PS3 2 to 1 by 2007 worldwide. You can save this quote and make me eat my words 2 years from now if I'm wrong. I plan to still be around.

superklye
11-06-05, 08:26 PM
XBox 360 will be outsold by the PS3 2 to 1 by 2007 worldwide. You can save this quote and make me eat my words 2 years from now if I'm wrong. I plan to still be around.
I'm quoting this, just in case you try to come back and change it.

Tygerwoody
11-07-05, 07:49 AM
This is quite a stupid quote imo.... 2007 is a little over a year away and if PS3 doesn't come out til Christmas of next year then PS3 will only have a handful of days to even go up for sale.

:rolleyes:

btw if PS3 does come out by March you will definitely eat your words.

Zelda_fan
11-07-05, 08:00 AM

there is not way a PS3 will make up a years worth of sales in just one year. Honestly I don't think the PS3's gonna be nearly as big as the PS2.

lightman
11-07-05, 08:00 AM
I'm quoting this, just in case you try to come back and change it.

Count me in with Vagrant Zero on this bet. :)

|MaguS|
11-07-05, 10:02 AM
there is not way a PS3 will make up a years worth of sales in just one year. Honestly I don't think the PS3's gonna be nearly as big as the PS2.

Why wont it be as big? Sony has two top systems behind them now and has not changed their plans regarding the third. They still have a killer 3rd party lineup, probably the largest out of all three consoles. Plus they also have a huge following and support for previous generations (almost fully compatible with PS1 and PS2 titles, far more backwards compatible then any other console currently even know nintendo claims the Rev will be, but at a cost).

Sony has too much going for them, Japanese support for MS is still VERY weak and we all know by now that Japanese support means ALOT in the console wars.

Ninjaman09
11-07-05, 12:34 PM
PS3 > X-Box 360

postCount++;

PeterJensen
11-07-05, 12:55 PM
Xbox360 0wnz ps3.

msxyz
11-07-05, 01:33 PM
One year is still a manageable delay for Sony. They just have to release some new trailer/CG-movie every once in a while to keep the public dying in anticipation while promising the third coming of Jesus (the second, for those who haven't noticed, was the PS2 <_< )

Microsoft should better start to make some serious efforts in promoting the Xbox 360. In one year they can drop production costs (and if they're not greedy the final retail price, too) by a good margin and trying to have as many third pary exclusive as possible.

I hear that Microsoft is already lowering licensing costs. This might be a very good bait to catch some developers but it's not enough. They need more exclusives to enhance brand recognition even if it means paying them in pure gold.

Zelda_fan
11-07-05, 01:57 PM
Microsoft should better start to make some serious efforts in promoting the Xbox 360. In one year they can drop production costs (and if they're not greedy the final retail price, too) by a good margin and trying to have as many third pary exclusive as possible.

I hear that Microsoft is already lowering licensing costs. This might be a very good bait to catch some developers but it's not enough. They need more exclusives to enhance brand recognition even if it means paying them in pure gold.

In case you haven't noticed, XBOX360s are now impossible to get ahold of until February if you preorder it right now. A 2 months wait, and the thing isn't even out yet! IMHO MS could not have asked for a more successful launch.

Zelda_fan
11-07-05, 01:58 PM
Sony has too much going for them, Japanese support for MS is still VERY weak and we all know by now that Japanese support means ALOT in the console wars.

hence my sig

msxyz
11-07-05, 02:08 PM
In case you haven't noticed, XBOX360s are now impossible to get ahold of until February if you preorder it right now. A 2 months wait, and the thing isn't even out yet! IMHO MS could not have asked for a more successful launch.
Persistent rumor says that the sold out is due to a lower than expected production volumes.

Even people that pre-ordered back in early september are told that they've to wait for second shipments. This is a good way to piss potential consumers.

The EB store where I usually go has 40 Xbox on preorder, mostly premium packages. And they've received no confirmation yet if they will have all the units on pre-order at day one.

I'm counting on getting mine on ther first day as I ordered it back in august and it is a "core" model but if I am told to wait for the 2nd shipment, I might be cancelling my pre-order. Between this and the delay well into 2006 of two of the three games I was planning to get at launch, I will be royally pissed.

lightman
11-07-05, 03:52 PM

In case you haven't noticed, it's quite easy to replicate such a situation with almost anything. Look ma, I have the fastest gpu out there, it's called the 7800 super-duper-ultra-phantom-edition, clocked at 900/1900, it smokes anything else. Oh wait, I have 4 available at launch, with 4 more expected in 6 months from the launch date. See, it's impossible to get ahold of them for 6!!! months if you preorder them right now!!! A 6 months wait, and the thing is barely out. I couldn't have asked for a more successful launch. ;)

j/k, but you should get the idea :)

H3avyM3tal
11-07-05, 05:18 PM
Basicaly Japan is a non exsistant country in MS world. Japan belongs to Sony no matter how much they want. As long as Sony have Japan, they have nothing to worry about.

Japan>USA

Mr. Hunt
11-07-05, 05:32 PM
Basicaly Japan is a non exsistant country in MS world. Japan belongs to Sony no matter how much they want. As long as Sony have Japan, they have nothing to worry about.

Japan>USA

Well, I think they are moving in the right direction to capture more of the Japanese market... with Xbox there weren't enough games that interested the Japanese market, but at TGS I saw quite a few that looked very interesting (but not just for the Japanese market)... but I still agree that Sony will have Japan for the most part.

Zelda_fan
11-07-05, 05:35 PM

Japan>USA

Sony of Japan = teh lame

The only good Japenese games are the ones made by nintendo.

Mr. Hunt
11-07-05, 05:39 PM
Sony of Japan = teh lame

The only good Japenese games are the ones made by nintendo.

Wrong, as usual...