PDA

View Full Version : SLI x4

jAkUp
11-09-05, 11:28 AM
:drooling:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20051108220829.html

Looks like it uses external power... bout time ;)

OWA
11-09-05, 11:31 AM
Dang, wish they would have posted the 3DMark05 score.

Mr_LoL
11-09-05, 11:49 AM
If i won the lottery i would have one but dang its expensive.

CaptNKILL
11-09-05, 12:25 PM
Wowww.............. :drooling:

What do you think that would get in 3dMark 05? Probably in the 22-24k range at stock clocks... overclocked, probably like 26-28k :drooling:

jAkUp
11-09-05, 12:30 PM
Its gotta be around 20K for a 3DMark05 score..

But then again, 3DMark05 is severly CPU bottlenecked. So maybe it won't be that high.

ViN86
11-09-05, 02:35 PM
kind of offtopic question, but do the records for 3dmark05 have to be with a single card?

jAkUp
11-09-05, 03:09 PM
Nope, they can be with dual also :)

Cruel_Logic
11-09-05, 04:38 PM
is the 512mb on the card split between the gpus?

agentkay
11-09-05, 04:44 PM
You know what I find amazing with this? Here we have 4 GPUs working more or less efficient at the same time, with a tech that was started over a year ago, while multi-core CPUs are still not utilized in any comparable way. I know these 2 things canīt be compared since they are very different, but it would be so nice if dual or multi-core CPUs could share the workload so dynamically like SLI does.

rohit
11-09-05, 04:51 PM
Red PCB.. ASUS cards with red PCB. Wierd..

jakindle
11-10-05, 01:11 AM
http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20051004/one_gigabyte_motherboard_four_graphics_cards-01.html

check this one out little different eh

jAkUp
11-10-05, 01:20 AM
I was tossing around the idea of trying 4 video cards... you only live once guys :D but I dunno, that is super expensive..lol

SH64
11-10-05, 04:28 AM
SLI x2 actually .. or GPU x4 ;)

FraGTastiK
11-10-05, 04:40 AM
so there goes the answer for "what good is a SLI x16 mainboard for?" question.

apart from SLI AA and better performance in future games needing more bandwidth,four GPU SLi is possible on x16 mainboards.buying a SLi x16 mobo is a good investment if you ask me.

ViN86
11-10-05, 09:21 AM
I was tossing around the idea of trying 4 video cards... you only live once guys :D but I dunno, that is super expensive..lol
jAk, you would have the biggest e-pen0s EVERRRRR! think about that :D

gmontem
11-10-05, 10:48 AM
jAk, you would have the biggest e-pen0s EVERRRRR! think about that :D
Would be pretty bad if his girlie starts preferring his e-pen0s over the real thing.

GRAFiZ
11-10-05, 12:03 PM
Actually, is there any evidence that the two cards are running in SLI mode?

I'm pretty sure that as of now they're running the two cards seperatly, meaning, two monitors being pushed by two SLI video cards, not one monitor being pushed by two sets of SLI cards.

jAkUp
11-10-05, 12:19 PM
Actually, is there any evidence that the two cards are running in SLI mode?

I'm pretty sure that as of now they're running the two cards seperatly, meaning, two monitors being pushed by two SLI video cards, not one monitor being pushed by two sets of SLI cards.

Check it out! :D

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=14268&d=1131557287

GRAFiZ
11-10-05, 12:23 PM
Check it out! :D

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=14268&d=1131557287

LOL... now thats funny, a few of those GPU's are slacking!

However, it's not hard to draw green lines on a screenshot, I'll wait for more proof.

Thanks for the SS though, I appreciate it! :cool:

SH64
11-10-05, 12:44 PM
However, it's not hard to draw green lines on a screenshot, I'll wait for more proof.

I dont see why would someone lie about this :confused:

GRAFiZ
11-10-05, 01:03 PM
I dont see why would someone lie about this :confused:

Quite simple... web sites live and die on viewership, and in that, if you have nothing to provide, you won't get viewers.

Now, I am not saying they are lying, not at all, however, unitl I see numbers that back up claims of 4 7800GT's in SLI then I'll stay cynical.

If you want to read up, there have been some great articles written concerning those who trust and those who do not. Pessimists and optimists.

In these findings all agree on one thing.

That is, while optimists are generally speaking, much happier people, it has been proven that pessimists are more often right. That is to say, not as happy, but correct in their day to day assertions.

And... as we know from the tobacco and oil industry, even politics, not to mention 99% of all other industrys, truth is not important, public perception is important.

With that, you will find it serves you well to refuse all information on the "internet" prior to confirmation from several reputable sources.

If and when the time comes that 4 GPU's are running in SLI is proven, great, we'd all like to see this, hell, two is good enough now, but four would be better!

:cool:

SH64
11-10-05, 01:09 PM
& What about the pics of 4 PCI-E slots mobos ?? what about the 4x7800GT running pics ??
i know what you mean , but i think there is some good evidence of the Quad GPU/Dual SLI tech in the works .. wether it makes to the market or not ? thats another story.

GRAFiZ
11-10-05, 01:15 PM
& What about the pics of 4 PCI-E slots mobos ?? what about the 4x7800GT running pics ??
i know what you mean , but i think there is some good evidence of the Quad GPU/Dual SLI tech in the works .. wether it makes to the market or not ? thats another story.

This is very true, and it's obvious to all of us that Nvidia would be most pleased if 4xSLI worked out, you know they'd be tickled to death if everyone started buying 4 of their cards at once... that would be quite a coo.

However, my only real question is if these folks did indeed get the cards to run in SLI why wouldnt they publish the numbers?

Seriously... there is no NDA on those cards, you could buy them today yourself if you wanted... that is, if you could find them.

But really, I've seen far too many reports of this or that online then never pan out.

At the end of the day, if two is good, four is better and I certainly won't be complaining, I'm just saying, the evidence is not solid enough for me... yet.

gmontem
11-10-05, 01:16 PM
The last time I read the review of the 4 PCI-E mobo the reviewer couldn't test quad SLI and was waiting on NVIDIA for drivers that enabled it.

Toss3
11-10-05, 01:39 PM
I've never thought there would be a game or benchmark that would require two 7800gtx's let alone 4.. but the new 3dmark looks absolutely amazing(or at least the one screenshot shown looks amazing): http://www.beyond3d.com/interviews/fm05/p2/index.php?p=01