PDA

View Full Version : w00t! My X-Fi Elite Pro came today!

Pages : [1] 2

superklye
11-09-05, 06:11 PM
First and foremost, I would like to take a moment to thank Qlitch for being teh coolest trader of all time. He shipped me the card before even receiving payment and offered to work out a payment plan for me.

Sadly, I’m stuck at work for another few hours and won’t have time to put the card in until Saturday at the very earliest, but just seeing this box and knowing the power it contains is so exciting. I can’t wait to put it in and piss off the (hot) girls upstairs with the highest quality sound known to man.

Expect a full and detailed review in the coming weeks… :)

einstein_314
11-09-05, 06:36 PM
Lol, awesome. Looking forward to your review!!!

Q
11-09-05, 06:51 PM
Hey, why don't you take a picture of the box contents???

You know, talk about the SUPERB packaging techniques used... that should definetly factor in to the review score.

I felt like reviewing it too when I got it...it just screams... REVIEW ME, BITCH!

superklye
11-09-05, 07:43 PM
Hey, why don't you take a picture of the box contents???

You know, talk about the SUPERB packaging techniques used... that should definetly factor in to the review score.

I felt like reviewing it too when I got it...it just screams... REVIEW ME, BITCH!
hahaha...that was easily the best packing job I've ever seen. :p But sadly, it's already been thrown away by the cleaning staff here at work. :(

superklye
11-09-05, 08:56 PM
Well, I finally opened up the box to take a look at all the wonderful goodies inside and it's just ridiculous. That breakout box is HUGE. I cannot wait to get this thing installed. :D

Q
11-09-05, 08:59 PM
Pretty huge. Like landing an F-17 Raptor on your desk huge.

superklye
11-09-05, 09:04 PM
I seriously think I'm more excited about this soundcard than I was for SLI.

$n][pErMan
11-09-05, 10:01 PM
I can’t wait to put it in and piss off the (hot) girls upstairs with the highest quality sound known to man.
You should invite them down for some beer and good music to chill. I would ask... can't pass that up that opportunity bro ;) You would be surprised how many hot chicks find that sh!t cool :)

superklye
11-09-05, 10:29 PM
[pErMan']You should invite them down for some beer and good music to chill. I would ask... can't pass that up that opportunity bro ;) You would be surprised how many hot chicks find that sh!t cool :)
Except all three of them are in relationships and they sound like a herd of elephants from about 7am-2am everyday.

It's beyond the point of trying to be "friendly neighbors"...now it's all about who can off who more and longer.

AthlonXP1800
11-11-05, 01:29 AM
hahaha...that was easily the best packing job I've ever seen. :p But sadly, it's already been thrown away by the cleaning staff here at work. :(

:lol: You better fired your cleaning staff for being so dumb to threw away the packages or pile of paperworks no matter if it very important. Anyway you might get lucky if you can manage to find the package in the garbage bins. :lol: :D

superklye
11-11-05, 02:24 AM
This weekend I'm doing in-depth reviewing, compaing it to my onboard audio as well as my Live! 24-bit card. Stay tuned! I can't wait to get X-Fi'ed. :)

Burpy
11-11-05, 02:46 AM
I'm looking to buy a X-Fi XtremeMusic & awaiting your review. :)

I'm currently using onboard sound & would love a good comparsion between the two.

superklye
11-11-05, 10:34 AM
I'm looking to buy a X-Fi XtremeMusic & awaiting your review. :)

I'm currently using onboard sound & would love a good comparsion between the two.
Sweet. I'm glad that I'll be able to help people make important decisions with this review. I'm going to bust my ass this weekend to try and get most, if not all, of it done.

TheManko
11-11-05, 03:46 PM
Even though I already have X-fi Xtreme Music I'll be looking forward to your review. It's pretty interesting to read what people think of this fun piece of hardware.
Something I recommend is playing the Most Wanted demo with entertainment mode, Cmss Stereo Xpand with stereo envelopment set to surround (100%) and the Theatre eax effect at -6db. I have a Logitech Z-5500 system and the sound in that game goes from "pretty good but unexiting stereo" to "MY GOD I AM PLAYING A MOVIE". The same applies to Fahrenheit which I am currently playing with the exact same settings.
Now I guess I'll go and test those setting with my Sennheiser hd595 headphones...

superklye
11-11-05, 04:32 PM
Awesome...thanks for the tips. I'll definitely try those games out. :)

$n][pErMan
11-11-05, 07:50 PM
It's beyond the point of trying to be "friendly neighbors"...now it's all about who can off who more and longer.
Haha .. well then best of luck in the battle ahead ;)

superklye
11-13-05, 12:30 PM
I. ****ing. Love. This. Card.

$n][pErMan
11-13-05, 11:03 PM
I. ****ing. Love. This. Card.
is it REALLY worth the $300 or so dollars though over say my audigy 2??

superklye
11-14-05, 12:07 AM
I never had an Audigy, so I don't know, but I do know that it destroys my Live! 24-bit and then some.

$n][pErMan
11-14-05, 09:34 PM
I never had an Audigy, so I don't know, but I do know that it destroys my Live! 24-bit and then some.
ahhh ... hopefully someone who had an A2 can comment on this :) If its worth it .. I might pick one up after the holidays when prices drop.

superklye
11-14-05, 10:01 PM
I can tell you this: it. is. loud. The way the volume works on the Z-5300s is there is a dial and and LED meter above it. There are 7 LEDs and each has 5 "clicks" until they get to the next light. My 5300s are on 1.3 (first volume-LED, third click) and are as loud as they used to be on the Live! 24-bit at 3.2 (third volume LED, second click).

The sound is just incredible. So crisp! AH!! I love this card!

LT.Schaffer
11-15-05, 02:05 AM
Well I Own a Audigy 2 ZS....
and i can tell the difference to me is Amazing:eek:
but it's up to each person,how much of a change it makes.
is it worth it? YES!!!:D

$n][pErMan
11-15-05, 09:43 PM
Well I Own a Audigy 2 ZS....
and i can tell the difference to me is Amazing:eek:
but it's up to each person,how much of a change it makes.
is it worth it? YES!!!:D
Thanks .. good to know :D

superklye
12-04-05, 02:31 PM
Update: I promised a review and it's up. The thread about it is myah: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=762115#post762115

Sazar
12-04-05, 02:39 PM
Super, you have your soundblaster highlighted there in your sig, change it so that it is linked directly to the article :)