PDA

View Full Version : CPU recovery advice, ebay or melt!

bugmage
11-10-05, 12:30 AM
I have a skt 939 with 1 pin missing. This pin controld the 2nd dim and w/o it i can only use 1 gig stick in dim 1.

Do you guys know how cpu goes together, is it 939 strands that go to the core or is there crossovers on the breadboard itself.

its a amd 64 bit skt 939, and the problem is i cant fix the outside pin because the location where the pin was is worn down so that theres a small pit and i cant find the wire. should i try to melt it or cut the cpu to expose the wire, i just neeed to get the wire exposed so i can solder it, arg help what do you think?

is anyone interested in a 1 dim mobo/cpu combo lol for the wife hehehe, but anyway works great just wond boot with ram in other dim. Does anyone know where they have a file of cpus being made to give me more insight?

ENU291
11-10-05, 11:23 AM
:wtf: :confused:

bugmage
11-10-05, 12:11 PM
seriously I need to know if I melt it I can strike OIL!/ i mean wire

einstein_314
11-10-05, 02:23 PM
:wtf: :confused:
QFT...lol

So let me get this straight. You broke off a pin on your cpu and you want to solder it back on. But you can't get at the wire so you want to melt it so you can get at it? Are you crazy? Have you seen how close together those pins are? Is this pin on one of the outside rows or is it like, in the middle of the cpu? In my opinion, throw it away and buy a new one. I guess you could try to melt it first. Although, I don't know how hot you need to be to melt it. It's worth a try. Just don't expect it to work.

bugmage
11-10-05, 04:57 PM
lol the pins on the outside, ive already fixe another pin on it, its just theres no metal on that spot right now, so idug alittle, foudn the wire, that didnt work, idk maybe if i stick a small metal screw in there cutit, i can make a good enough connection, i need that 2nd dim lol, and im on thecomputer with the cpu now, maybe ill just run it super overclocked like at 1.55V (which is a lot on my bios) and just ebay it lol

einstein_314
11-10-05, 07:27 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to break the pin in the first place? Did you like drop it?

bugmage
11-11-05, 02:23 AM
no drying cpu after watercooling leak, the socket naturally put more pressure on that 1 pin a lone and finally broke it