PDA

View Full Version : Teething Problems...

Slyder
11-10-05, 01:05 AM
Right, since I have been out of the loop as far as hardware goes, Im a little confused.

I have 3 sticks of 512ram. (2 x Corsair Value Select + 1 x Generic) All 3 worked flawlessly in my old setup. (Gigabyte 7VA)

All the memory on my new board just refuse to play nicely and I have to keep the generic stuff out for it to just boot ? New m/b is Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI. I was reading the book for some info but it had a massive hardon for dual channel memory which is no good to me cause my 3 sticks are not dual channel. I think its moaning you cant use 3 sticks which is stupid but can someone just confirm... cheers :)

TierMann
11-10-05, 02:17 AM
Check your book again and make sure you have the matched set paired up in the correct slots, then the third stick can go in the next slot. After that you'll probably have to set the timings to the worst of the two. (Ex: If the generic stick runs 2.5-5-5-10 then you'll probably be stuck with that.) Ctrl+F1 on the main BIOS menu should open up some options for you.

Give that a shot if you havn't allready and see if it still moans at you.

Slyder
11-11-05, 10:41 AM
Nevermind...

Gigabyte confirmed 3 sticks in the rig will cause the motherboard to not boot at all :(

On the plus side, my misses ordered me another 1gig of Corsair Value Select Ram. It may not be dual channel, but its 2 gig of the stuff in total. :D