View Full Version : NHL 2K6 - Real Life vs. XBOX 360

Ruined
11-10-05, 10:24 AM
Real Life:
http://www.reflectonreality.com/images/kingsreal.jpg
(copy/paste to browser address window)

XBOX 360:
http://www.gameslave.co.uk/imageviewer.cfm?img=7151&title=NHL%202K6

Nice detail on the puck (http://www.gameslave.co.uk/imageviewer.cfm?img=7150&title=NHL%202K6) as well.

|MaguS|
11-10-05, 10:25 AM
I think the NBA looks far better, the NHL game looks noticably fake while the NBA could be considering real-life at a glance.

Ruined
11-10-05, 10:29 AM
I think the NBA looks far better, the NHL game looks noticably fake while the NBA could be considering real-life at a glance.

I think both will be incredible to play considering how great they look as screens/movies.

Toss3
11-10-05, 10:47 AM
I think both will be incredible to play considering how great they look as screens/movies.
I watched the videos of NBA on the xbox360, at the digiexpo held here in Finland, and it definitely didn't look as good as the movies released on the web! Nothing looked as clear as the characters and the floor looks like in the movie I saw at ign, and everything was blurry and nothing was anti-aliazed!
And no swetdrops to be seen anywhere!

So those who said that microsoft only show real gameplay should really just kick themselves in the butt, 'cause nothing looked like the videoclips! And I really am dissapointed in the xbox360 because they promised so much and delivered so much less... The controller was smaller than the new one for the xbox and won't really be comfortable for those with big hands! I really liked the original xbox controller and didn't like the new smaller one at all...

Ruined
11-10-05, 10:52 AM
I watched the videos of NBA on the xbox360, at the digiexpo held here in Finland, and it definitely didn't look as good as the movies released on the web! Nothing looked as clear as the characters and the floor looks like in the movie I saw at ign, and everything was blurry and nothing was anti-aliazed!
And no swetdrops to be seen anywhere!

So those who said that microsoft only show real gameplay should really just kick themselves in the butt, 'cause nothing looked like the videoclips! And I really am dissapointed in the xbox360 because they promised so much and delivered so much less... The controller was smaller than the new one for the xbox and won't really be comfortable for those with big hands! I really liked the original xbox controller and didn't like the new smaller one at all...

Kick yourself in the butt for seeing a video of an old build.

|MaguS|
11-10-05, 11:09 AM
Errr... DigiExpo was at the beginning of this month. So they showed off an older build then the ones at E3 and TGS?

Toss3
11-10-05, 11:14 AM
Kick yourself in the butt for seeing a video of an old build.
But it applies for all of the games, including kameo and CoD! But maybe those weren't finished either? But I really doubt they were an older build since they were very much like the ones I saw on the net, only a lot fussier and worse looking... And the helsinki digiexpo was held on November 5th btw..

Ruined
11-11-05, 12:07 AM
Errr... DigiExpo was at the beginning of this month. So they showed off an older build then the ones at E3 and TGS?

The kiosks that were delivered to Wal-Mart and other places recently have an NBA 2K6 video that is running at 15fps and looks extremely poor. It doesn't matter how recent the show was if the PR people have the wrong video in their hands.

Ruined
11-11-05, 12:08 AM
But it applies for all of the games, including kameo and CoD! But maybe those weren't finished either? But I really doubt they were an older build since they were very much like the ones I saw on the net, only a lot fussier and worse looking... And the helsinki digiexpo was held on November 5th btw..

I've already played Kameo and COD2 demos and they looked better than any video I've seen of either.

Toss3
11-11-05, 08:16 AM
I've already played Kameo and COD2 demos and they looked better than any video I've seen of either.
Well they didn't have any AA nor any AF that's for sure... And the NBA 06 demo is likely the same as those shown at wall-marts... But still, no AA, no AF = poor quality!

Knot3D
11-11-05, 10:51 AM
Looks like they used 1 single shader for the head and helmet. :thumbdwn:

I guess becuz of all the gear those hockey players carry, polygon detail per character is lower than in their basketball game. I dunno, the bball game trailer looked impressive, this obviously does not.